CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

experiencing God devo july 29th

July 29
Scripture:I have known only youout of all the clans of the earth;therefore, I will punish you for all your iniquities. (Amos 3:2, Holman CSB)
Thought:God pursues an intimate relationship, choosing to do His work through certain people He loves. But what happens when those people refuse to return God's love, or join in His work, or pile up a storehouse of sins in their lives? God has only one choice left. He comes to punish. Amos had a hard time convincing Israel of this. Does God have a hard time convincing you that He is coming to judge and punish?
Prayer:Judge of all the earth, You judge because we refuse to love and obey You. I have chosen self-centered ways and not God-centered ways. Forgive me. I am repenting of my sin. I am listening to Your voice. I am going to obey You and experience You in love, not punishment. Amen.

No comments: