CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Lovers of self

I'm always amazed over how greedy some people are. I'm not sure why it catches me off guard but it's the people who will shop for you at the dollar general but expect their gifts to come from Sax fifth avenue. Or people who say they care about The Lord or others yet faith without deeds is dead and it's one thing to say you are and another thing to demonstrate it. I've also noticed how quick people are to take advantage of givers...but that can be left up to Jesus. I've prayed for years now that The Lord would teach me to number my days aright that I may gain a heart of wisdom and I'm no stranger to trial or suffering and this is not a pity party status but it's a clear reminder in the suffering that we brought nothing into this world and can take nothing out of it. It's all The Lords and we could never give Him anything to repay Him but I do want my life to be a living sacrifice for as long as I have breath. I'm also so thankful for the people in my life that aren't just about words but are about actions. Friends that stick closer than a brother. Words are meaningless if there is no demonstration as we always are going to be demonstrative toward who or what we care about!!! Take it to the bank!!! When people tell me they are not demonstrative about God, yet can jump up and down and scream at a football game...they are demonstrative as we were created by a God full of emotion and demonstration of His love...it's that they just aren't demonstrative about Him because He isn't that big of a deal to them. I'm not talking about hand lifting in public but a demonstration of love and devotion toward the Giver of life. I love Paul's words here: 1 Corinthians 2:3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

And this in James: James 2:18
But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

No comments: