CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

The that is a tunic not a dress memo:

First, from working at the mall I would like to cover the difference between a tunic and a dress because there are some girlies out there that seem to be totally confused on this matter. So, during our time we will seek to define this:





HERE is a tunic worn with a PAIR OF PANTS. In my personal fashion opinion all tunics should be worn with some pants or leggings. Tunics are considered to be a long shirt...not a dress.



Here is a picture of a tunic worn as a dress (If you have kids that you have to chase after...you may not want to wear a tunic as shown below because if you bend over we might all get mooned). There are dresses that are considered tunic dresses as well, but this is not one of them:




And last is a dress:






Thank you for letting me clear that up! ;) I was working a few weeks ago when someone walked past me and I could not believe my eyes...I saw her booty in all its not so glory. No offense to the poor girl I wanted to run and help cover her up. Please don't get me wrong I am not on the fashion police wagon...I just think some people haven't gotten the tunic not a dress memo so you can't say you didn't get it. And for the way I feel about our dress please refer to THIS.


Next, thank you to Susan and Heather for this sweet blog award~
For lack of time I am not going to link to these people because you can click on my side bar where their names are.
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am supposed to pick five people which is a hard one!
So, one of my newest blogging friends Jessica...her blog is so fun and cute. She puts me to shame with her skills!
Next, Janel she is always so encouraging and sweet. She has a lot on her hands but finds time to encourage.
Tam, not only does she spur me on she is stinking hilarious!
Debra-She is the most adorable thing ever! Seriously! And she is very honest.
And I am doing six...so shoot me. Darla and LSOF! They are both so encouraging!
I would have picked so many others but most of you are already onto it! Well, I have to go for two more: Bethanne and Stephanie(Ocean Mommy). They both love Jesus so much! Oh and sorry to spoil the fun of only five but I can't forget about sweet Charity!

19 comments:

ocean mommy said...

You are so sweet! Thank you so much. You encourage me too!!

Blessings
steph.

Fran said...

I really am glad you cleared up that whole tunic dress thing bc it completely drives me crazy to see it done WRONG!

And, CONGRATS on the award!! You and Stephanie and everyone else are most deserving of this award! We are blessed to be surrounded by so many encouraging girls.

I hope you are having a great day that is filled with peace. :)
Love,
Fran

Charity said...

The feeling is mutual!! You are such a blessing to me! I can't even put it into words!! Your sweet spirit and encouraging words mean the world to me! I think about you every time I listen to my Watermark cd! I may have to go and buy another one, because I have almost worn this one out! Ha!

Thanks again for thinking of me!

Love,
Charity

mandy said...

thank you for the clarification!
;)

BethAnne said...

I consider it this a high compliment coming from someone who loves the Lord as much as you. Thank you!
I agree that so many women did not get the memo. There are alot of memos that have yet to be received like: the dont show us your panties memo or the dont wear hip huggers and short tops if you are over 98 lbs memo or how about the nobody cares about your fake boobs memo......just thought I would add those to your list (I am not the fashion police either - just a concerned citizen).
Anyway, Thank you so much for the encouragement and the award! You are a sweetheart and I love to read your blog. Your love for the Lord is obvious and contagious!

Jessica said...

Aww! Jenny! Thanks, girl! That is so nice of you. I think my life is plain-Jane, so you totally boost me self- esteem! I appreciate you! : )

Hugs,
Jessica

Emmy said...

Hi Jenny!

OK that picture of Morgan on the front with the bunny towel... needs to be on the cover of a magazine! Precious... just Precious! Cutest picture I have ever seen! I have a question ... did you just teach Wising Up? The group I facilitate is just about to wrap up Believing God...I bought the Wising Up series for myself and was thinking of doing that next... or do you think we should do Stepping Up? Just curious!

Thanks- Emmy : )

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Thank you for putting that out there on the tunic vs. dress. I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

He Knows My Name said...

my blog is so wanting. i/it needs an extreme makeover. you are so kind to give me this. ~janel

He Knows My Name said...

on the tunic/dress i only knew the dress. i would call the tunics tops. and only britney would wear the tops as a dress....i thought. you poor thing having to see ALL that although i know you didn't stare. ~janel

Tam said...

Wha?!?! No way! I spur YOU on? HA! Other way around sister friend!

Thank you so much!

I love you precious!

Profbaugh said...

Okay this was a wonderful lesson on tunic vs. dress. Now if you could only come to the university I teach at and make the young women understand the differences. Frankly, I'm just tired of too much skin!!

Guess that makes me pretty old, huh?

~Cheryl

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

yOU ARE WAY TOO CUTE JENNY HOPE...and I have to come get my daily does of your passion and now fashion even at midnight! Just got home from my son's basketball district game and WE WON. I have to tell you this cute story...last night my husband was trying to enter his athletes into a meet (he coaches on the side) and he would enter all their info and post it (I'm in the kitchen) and every time he hit "enter," Morgan in her bunny blanket would pop up and delete his e-mail entry (he was accidentally hitting my sidebar) but it happened 3 times in a row (like 10 minutes to do the e-mail over each time) but the hilarious thing was that a different song came on every time REAL LOUD like Kirk Franklin ...and Bob would yell to me from the room "the baby in the blanket is back on" and I was CRACKING UP!!!!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

ps - I left a thanks for the Daily Dose that you did or didn't give to me---LOL...you are so dear to me Jenny. I put on my blog a thank you to you for the God in you gives me hope. And I have been so temepted over this past year to "lose hope." He has brought you into my life for such a time and I can't thank you enough for your love and kindness and adoration of your beautiful God. My husband needs to use my computer to fill out student loans --- uh oh...baby in the blanket story is about to pop up!! I'm going to bed and I wonder what I'll hear from the other room...LOL.

Unknown said...

I gave you a shout in my daily dose and thanks for the info on tunics vs. dresses - I think the information is timely.

Blessings.

Unknown said...

I gave you a shout in my daily dose and thanks for the info on tunics vs. dresses - I think the information is timely.

Blessings.

Tam said...

Hey girl! Hope you're well!

Praying for you now...

Anonymous said...

Obviously, if these girlies at the mall had my thighs, then all tunics would be tops. Without question!

debra parker said...

You are so sweet. Thank you for sharing this sweet award with me.