CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Don't put your trust in man!

Jeremiah 17:5-10

5 This is what the LORD says:
"Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands;
he will not see prosperity when it comes.
He will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.

8 He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."

9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

10 "I the LORD search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward a man according to his conduct,
according to what his deeds deserve."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, this scripture and love your blog! I found it from the Living Proof Blog.

Just wanted to tell you that you might want to check ebay periodically for tickets to the Deeper Still event in Nashville. I know that in the past I have seen Living Proof Live tickets there and they sell for not much more than their face value. Just a thought!!! :)

Blessings,
Dori

Michelle said...

Funny, I just used this in my blog post today & when I was doing a search for the exact scripture I was taken to your blog. I was inspired to say the least, as most of the songs you had on your player are my favorites as well!! It excites me so much when I feel connected to other Christians by the spirit!
God bless you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! I was searching for this scripture and came upon your blog! It is very nice! It's always a pleasure to run across another believer in the Lord who's speaking the truth of God's word! Keep up the awesome work for the Kingdom!

Blessings,
Kennisha Hill