CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The birth and death of my little girl. God won't give you anymore than you can bear? Not found in scripture. Walking by faith

It is so hard to believe that my first born would come into this world, live for half an hour and return to be with Jesus and how it's been almost 9 years this week. I'm choking back the tears over what the body of Christ meant to me during that time. I often encourage others to stay in the word and walk by faith when there are no footprints to be seen. Not even The Lords. I walked by faith not by sight and The Lord brought me through what was not bearable. I'm very literal when it comes to cliche sayings that aren't necessarily biblical. Based on this scripture the footprints poem that is so popular goes out the window with me because we are called to walk by faith, not sight, not on our own understanding and heaven forbid by what we "feel" ...our hearts are deceitful above all things.  
Your path led through the sea, your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen. Psalm 77:19 Also, the very over used word that is not in the bible: "God won't give you anymore than you can bear". Life isn't bearable my friends. I think of a precious woman I went to school with her child was backed over by a car and died. That's not bearable. I have a friend now with all manner of health issues whose husband didn't keep his vows and left her. What do you do with that? What do you do with all of the injustices in this world without the hope that God will wipe away every tear? Destroy the final enemy death? What do you do with cancer, a child in prison, a husband murdered, children trafficked and abused???  We live in a fallen world and are in satans domain.   The bible says 1) God doesn't tempt anyone. Impossible. 2) but when we are tempted...we won't be tempted beyond what we are able to bear. He provides a way of escape. Yet it's up to us to take that way. 1 Corinthians 10:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Also, we are made for relationship but people will fail us and we fail others. Yet through all things Jesus has met me in the pages of scripture and given me a firm place to stand. Get your eyes on Him. He is what you need. Don't miss out on Him because you were waiting on mankind to be to you what only He can.  In the human realm I have been through so much more than I can put on a Facebook status and some actually can't handle authentic people...but you aren't hearing this from someone who hasn't suffered. He is so worthy and will bind up your brokenness. 

1 comment:

Andrees said...

Right on!😘