CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Poor Sir Bambi

Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps.

Not to interrupt my blog-o-versary post but I thought I was spending New Years Eve alone. Around 11ish I was on the couch bawling my eyes out, over a depressing movie, when my baby girl called and she was homesick. She said she needed to check on her bear name Cherry.
So, I jump in the car and head to meet her with her Pop. On my way I am going about 75 mph, talking to Morgans MiMi, and I see a deer in front of me on the interstate. I thought real quick about what I needed to do. If I swerved I would either end up in the ditch or hitting the car next to me, so I unfortunately had to hit Sir. Bambi head on. It made the worst sound EVER. I can still hear it. Anyway, I get out and check the damage...y'all nothing. No damage. Praise the Lord!! I guess I am seeing more deer then Rod while he has been in Kansas. The police officer that was by me said he couldn't believe there was no damage.
Morgan gets in the car and asks me all about it. She and I always pray for the Lord to let us see deer and other animals. So, she says, "Mom, I sure am glad that God let you see a deer." Not quite the way I wanted to see one God love that poor deer. Hopefully, this is not the start of any New Year drama!!!








Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Wow...can it really be 2010....So glad I found your blog and look forward to many reads in 2010..Happy New Year..love reading your blog...

Holly Hoskison said...

So glad you're ok - those things can do some damage! Happy New Year!