CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Walk what you talk!

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


I was studying tonight and I began to get extremely frustrated at some of the tasks before me. I began to hit the forward button on my online courses to view what was up ahead. I then began to freak out to put it nicely. I could feel my body tensing up as I stressed out about how much I had to do with such little time. Then my computer went off line and I decided to go cook dinner. It is so like me to get ahead of myself and get completely overwhelmed before I ever get to the point that I need to be. Instead of taking each thing as it comes I want to jump ahead to add a little worry to my life :). I think that is part of why the Lord gives us new days where His mercies are new every morning. If we knew everything that was to come in advance it would kill us. Rod tells me all of the time that I am impatient. It is true and I will confess that. It is part of me wanting to have control...the control that I so often have to relinquish to the Lord and acknowledge His control. He is ALL POWERFUL, ALL KNOWING, AND ALMIGHTY...HE IS IN CONTROL! Anyway, if I am reading a Christian fiction novel I will go so far as to read the last few pages of the book to make sure it is going to end the way that I want it to or I will not read it. What if we could do that in life? We would miss out on opportunities to love if we knew we would get hurt. Can you imagine the cold, calloused people we would become if we knew it all in advance and did not walk by faith with the Lord. I think we would stop living and most of all loving. I was just thinking about a family that lost 2 young children...can you imagine if they had known that in advance? Would they have guarded their hearts to make sure they did not love and then get hurt with that devastating loss? What a shame for us to not live or love based on the worry of the pain it will cause us. I was just reminded of all of this as I frustrated myself with focusing on what was ahead...when I needed to be taking it one lesson at a time. Will I ever learn?
I went up stairs and it was if I could sense the Lord in my Spirit urging me to walk what I talk. One sure way for me to relieve stress is to praise. I went in my room, turned on a praise cd, sang, and lifted my hands in worship. It changed me in the time spent with the Lord and renewed me to remind me to keep taking it one minute at a time. He will prove to be my strong support.


Matthew 6:25-34
25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments: