CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hey Peeps!

I am so tired and a bit nauseous but I REALLY wanted to post for a second. I had to go to court today (something not related to me) but the judge came in the courtroom and everyone in there (the Counselor's first) all began to rise. The judge said "Sit down everyone, sit down." He didn't want anyone waisting their time to stand up. Of course this reminded me of Daniel.

#1 King Neb wanted to be worshiped as in the case of a lot of other people in positions of power. Hence the 90ft statue that he wanted all of the officials to bow to.

We are wise to learn from this judge...
At the gym I go to there are some "sayings" if you will on the wall around the gym. One says "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." NO THANKS PEOPLE I don't want to be the WORLD to anyone. None of us need to be on the faulty pedestal of man worship. We are frail and I know if I get my eyes off of Jesus I am capable of any manner of a fall to let others down. We simply can not worship people or put our trust in man. Romans 8 is clear that the only thing that we can't be separated from (if we are in Christ Jesus) is the Trinity...the love of God. There was a time in my life where I was so in to this guy that I was dating. I had no idea the amount of focus or worship that I was putting into the relationship. When that relationship crumbled (I ended it by the way...I was always into the one-up...ha ha) my world felt shaken. The Lord had to do some MAJOR heart surgery on this girl! He did heal me from it and taught me to put my trust in Him. I am still learning. Anyway, yes the judge deserves respect but he didn't need everyone rising to boost his ego. I will never forget the time I was at the Dr. with Rod, over his broken back, and the Dr. came in the room. Rod called him Mister instead of Doctor...the doctor corrected him and said I am Doctor so and so. I was like DUDE please get over yourself! Can anyone spell P-R-I-D-E? Rod didn't even mean to call him Mr. On the flip side the doctor that I use (Dr. Jon Adcock if any of you girls need a good Christian OBGYN click here ) he treats everyone the same and is so kind and friendly like most of the people in that practice. They are not like "I am doctor hear me roar!" The thing about that group is they are Christians and they really seek to serve Jesus by helping others. Praise Him for that. It is so refreshing.

#2 We all need to memorize Philippians chapter 2 and model Christ when He in humility considered others better than Himself. He did not consider equality with God as something to be grasped and humbled Himself to death on the cross for our sins. He is the LAMB that was slain, taking Gods wrath on Himself for us.

Okay, back to the court scene:

Oh how my heart yearned within me as I thought of the Ancient of Days in Daniel Chapter7 (Indulge with me if you will)
9 "As I looked, "thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat.(emphasis mine) His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.
10 A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.
11 "Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire.
12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)
13 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

He is the one that we are to worship and He will judge every deed. He is just, all-knowing, and omnipresent. He reigns and His rule is perfect. So no matter what our status lets worship Him and give Him our adoration. Worthy Lord, You are Worthy! I had chills all over the place as this flesh-and-blood judge took his seat in the court room. I thought of how at the name of Jesus everyone will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father (I hope I am getting all of my verses right because I am trying to run off of memory). He is going to come and there will come a day where He will make EVERY EVERY EVERY wrong right. Nothing is hidden from Him. Oh how I want to fear Him with reverence and awe and live in a manner worthy. Let's not wait for His glorious appearance to do a little bowing and praising and confessing that He is Lord.
(gotta go morgan is screaming she has been sick so say a prayer)
Keep in the Word. love jw


Take our hearts and seal them Lord, seal them for thy courts above. Show us more of You Lord. I need you and I am prone to leave the God I love. Praise You Father Praise YOU!

No comments: