CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Word

About 9 years ago I began to pray that I would hunger and thirst for God's word and His Presence. Whenever I feel like I am starting to leave the God I love I will pray and ask Him to fill me with more of His Spirit. I beg Him all of the time for a hunger and thirst for His word and He gives it to me. Lately, I have been camping out on issues of integrity and that I would be wholly devoted to Him. He is continuing to change me. He gets in my business and won't let me rest until I am right with Him. I am so thankful that He loves me and that I can trust Him. I want no part of me to be divided in interest when it comes to this world system and the God that I love. I have been praying that I would not be "friends" with this world and that I would not set myself in opposition to Him in doing so. He is helping me. I want Him to be my One hearts desire and to continue to consume me. I challenge each of you to pray for a hunger and thirst for Him (daily)...He will beckon You to come to His Presence as you seek Him..You will find Him. I was reading a few things by AW Tozer (The Pursuit of God) today and I began to utter them as my own prayer:
"If you would follow on to know the Lord, come at once to the open Bible expecting it to speak to you. Do not come with the notion that it is a thing which you may push around at your convenience. It is more than a thing, it is a voice, a word, the very Word of the living God. Lord, teach me to listen. The times are noisy and my ears are weary with the thousand raucous sounds which continuously assault them. Give me the spirit of the boy Samuel when he said to Thee, `Speak, for thy servant heareth.' Let me hear Thee speaking in my heart. Let me get used to the sound of Thy Voice, that its tones may be familiar when the sounds of earth die away and the only sound will be the music of Thy speaking Voice. Amen."

And on speaking of faith He quotes this:
to paraphrase Thomas à Kempis, `I had rather exercise faith than know the definition thereof.'
You can read his book online if you don't have it (but these are my prayers for my own life...that I wouldn't just talk the talk).

Oh that my life would be testimony to a life that is Hard after Him...One that listens when He speaks, one that holds fast to Him for my own good.

I want it to be said when I die that satan hated me!

No comments: