CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I know where you live!


(I've got my eyes on you...lol)

R
evelation 2:13 I know where you live—

Acts 17:24-28

24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'


I have been studying some in Revelation and today I was on chapter two when John, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, was writing to the church in Pergamum. Christ was saying that He knew where the body of believers lived where Satan had his throne. Pergamum was a city known for its legal system and was a big center of pagan Balaam worship. He encouraged them for not renouncing their faith when clearly there was some major seduction going on in the area in which they sought to serve Christ. Yet Christ had some things against them. They held to the teachings of the Nicolaitans and Baalam. In each of the letters I am reminded of how personal God of heaven and earth is. He sees everything and that should give us holy fear. I was thinking tonight of the times God has truly protected me from my own flesh and not handed me over to myself. I was so grateful over something very specific that the Lord had done to protect me even this day. Begin to pray that God will give you a holy fear and reverence for Him. He will honor that and our fear of Him will keep us from sinning. After all sin is crouching at our door...it desires to master you and me. We have got to start taking back some of the ground the enemy has stolen and pray that God will restore the years the locusts have stolen. I am sick and tired of laying down in areas of defeat when Christ beckons me to come and have the victory...in Jesus Name! How do we know if we are in bondage to something? Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. When the Holy Spirit is quenched there is defeat.
I got in trouble with the Lord over something lately and you know what...I totally submitted to it because I was glad that the Lord did not let me get away with a particular sin. It is His kindness that leads us to repentance, but if kindness doesn't take He lovingly chastises us. I was filled with relief to know that He loves me so He got on to me. He let me have time to repent but when I didn't, He bent my knees for me so to speak. ;)
He knows where you live (where you stay...lol)!! Nothing gets by His watchful eye! You and I are the apple of His eye! Praise God. So the next time you are undergoing discipline for something that you know good and well is sin, submit and praise Him for His love for you and that His commands are not burdensome.

Lord Jesus, thank You for loving us enough not to let us stay where we are. Thank You for Your loving correction. Thank you that if You O LORD, kept a record of sin, O Lord who could stand...but with You there is forgiveness therefore You are feared. God help us to wait on You Lord because You are all wise and all knowing. Keep us from the destructive fleshly side of us that feeds on the garbage of this world system. In Jesus' Name.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: