CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

hey!!

Yes I have been that busy!! Just checking in and I have some posts in draft but my life has been crazy this week (in a good way).

Here is another great devo by James MacDonald:

The Right Path

The Weekly Walk

Psalm 23:1-4 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Life knocks on your front door every morning with offers to go in more directions than you could ever pursue. Some paths are obviously wrong and lead to very bad places. Go very far down one of those trails and you’ll wake up one day and say, “What am I doing over here? I had bigger dreams for my life than this.” You chose that path with a thousand small decisions, and it led you to that predictable spot. You thought you’d beat the odds, but it’s a losing proposition from the start.

However, some paths appear to be right and they’re still wrong. Proverbs 14:12 says, “There is a way [a path] that seems right to a man, but its end is the way [the path] to death.” That maze doesn’t lead you anywhere good.

Other paths are right, but only for awhile. You might actually be on a very good path when God changes your life and sends you in a different direction.

If your heart is to get your life on the right path, then your ears ought to perk up a little bit when Psalm 23 says, “He leads me in paths of righteousness.” Literally it means “into life’s right paths.” God is very interested that you are following the right ways—the paths that lead to joy, to peace, and to blessing. Psalm 37:23 says, The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way [or his path].” God Himself orders the path of the righteous person.

Are you with me when I say that I want to be on the pathway that leads to life and blessing? Speaking of the Lord, Psalm 16:11 says, You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy.” It’s encouraging to know that if you’ll follow God’s lead, you’ll step confidently in the right direction. Now, it might not be your preferred direction, but in the end it’ll take you where you want to go.

I can guarantee you this: When the Lord is your Shepherd, He will guide you on the paths of righteousness.



visit his site at www.walkintheword.com


No comments: