CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Morgan Hope--The Lord has been gracious to me.

Psalm 86:15
15 But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

Tomorrow is my sweet Morgans 3rd birthday. As I sit here I can hardly find the words to type. Some things are just a matter of the heart. You can't really articulate them. The past 3 years with her have been the most wonderful years of my life. They have literally flown by. Some days I want time to just stop and keep her where she is in all of her sweet innocence and purity.


We have been spending most of our time at the pool lately. Each day she tells me she needs her bathin' soup to go to the swimminpool (all one word). A friend from church told me that last Wednesday at church she found a little baby pool left over from vacation bible school and she took all of her clothes off and got in it. They about died. Then, tonight I was cooking and she was playing with her kitchen when she poured water all in her sink...took her clothes off...and laid across her kitchen set splashing her feet in the water...lol!

There is not a day that goes by that I do not stop and think of the tenderness of God in allowing me to be a steward of this little one. She is my best buddy. Since I lost my first born Shelby, and had such a complicated pregnancy with Morgan, I realize that if I were in a different time I would not even be able to have a child.

She is talking so much more lately and when people ask her what her name is she says Morgan-hope. I love how she calls herself that! Anyway, I realize that my gushing heart for my child isn't as interesting to others but I want her to be able to read this one day.

Morgan you are very strong willed.
People already tell me all of the time how fearless you are (that may not be a good thing).
You like action figures and princess things as well.
You can be a tomboy and dress so cute as well! Your mommy was just the same.
So far, you are not in to minding. We are working on that one real hard.
You still love Veggie tales and I think mommy loves them more.
You are one picky eater!!
You are mommy's little cuddle bug.
You are my date to our favorite Mexican place all of the time.
You love to go to the mall, go to Walmart, and get something from the ice-cweam-twuck.
You have your daddy wrapped around your little finger.

We love you so much. You have stolen our hearts sweet one and we pray that you grow to love Jesus in a mighty way.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Morgan.

Nancy (North Carolina)

pinkmommy said...

So sweet!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am working on a post-in which you will be featured later today.

BethAnne said...

I so know exactly how you feel. If I could just keep my boys innocent and little forever - I would in a heartbeat. My oldest just turned 7 and it seems just like yesterday we were having his first birthday party. Time REALLY does fly.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Happy Birthday to that precious little baby girl. And to her mommy-I respnded to yourcomments in my comments.

You are such a beauty both inside and out. Thank you for your words.

Indeed, YOU bring HOPE to people!

Jackie said...

oh I know the feeling...Sara turned 3 in March and it was pure shock for me. My precious little baby is growing so fast...some days I just want to hold her and cuddle her, never to let her grow anymore. Just to keep her as she is, not to lose a MOMENT of it..each day is something new and precious. I wish I could stop time....and just enjoy this young age, how impressionable, how sweet, loving, dependant..every moment is special b/c they go so fast! Give that little one a big hug for me...she is precious!
Glad to be back too..love ya sweet friend.

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday, Morgan!

debra parker said...

Happy Birthday MorganHope

Anonymous said...

'bout makes me cry.

Happy birthday, Morgan Hope.

I would like to turn back time most days....these are some of, if not the, best days. Soak it in Mama Jenny Hope.

Love, JW

Fran said...

Absolutely beautiful Jenny! Absolutely precious.

Happy Birthday sweet Morgan!
Hugs and many blessings,
Fran

Faith said...

What a sweet entry! Happy belated birthday, Morgan Hope!