CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fill up What I lack

The Holy Spirit is our comforter and the One who fills us. Over and over in the Word you see jars being filled, God commanding people to be fruitful and fill the earth, people that were filled with grief and fury, bags being filled with grain, the earth being filled with violence, God's heart being filled with pain, the filling of the Holy Spirit and I could go on. We can be filled full of light or full of darkness. Full of Him or full of ourselves. We are either children of God or children of the devil.

This time of year I can start feeling full of loneliness. It just creeps up on me and I remember why and the familiarity of it each year.

Today I was so excited about going to church. So excited. I had some really big expectations to meet with Jesus. I am not one to think that church is about me or the sermon should be about me. I am well fed by bible studies and teaching throughout the week. I am there to learn but I feel a call more to serve at my local church as well as worship with my church family. So, I guess I thought I was going to "feel" a certain way for our Christmas program. It was wonderful do not get me wrong but when it was over I was like "Lord, I don't even really feel like I got to worship You as You deserve." I got in the card and was reminded of the sweet intimate times in my car or my room all by myself praising the Lord in song and how the Holy Spirit just falls down and literally makes the hair on my arms stand up. I am not talking about anything hokey but just response to His goodness and His glory. Our lives are to be a living sacrifice and in the simplicity of our own singing out, crying out, and time spent in the word He meets with us more privately than what we can sometimes experience corporately.

Please hear me correctly we can have wonderful times with the Lord in corporate worship but how are things going just in the simplicity of your own time with the Lord?

I love the story of Anna in Luke:



Luke 2:35-37 (New International Version)
35so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too."

36There was also a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.


Listen, another man isn't the answer, more drugs aren't the answer, a new house or new surroundings are not the answer to your problems. We can search out broken cisterns all day long looking for something to fill us and it. will. never. do. never. not. ever. not. ever. Let God be true and every man a liar. I have tried so many things to meet my own needs and they have all failed me and at times been the death of me. We need Jesus. We need the filling of the Holy Spirit in our lives. There will be days we will not "feel" His presence per say but it doesn't have to be because we aren't seeking Him. In Christ Alone our hope is found. Please don't have to go out and prove God's word when it comes to messing with fire. I have done that as well and let me tell you it is not worth it. He is true to His word even when it means the divine spanking of your hind end. All other ground you try to stand on to plant yourself in the soil of comfort will prove to be sinking sand.

So when you feel yourself going there...wherever there is for you...turn to Jesus. He is so faithful. Turn in song, or prayer, or sobs in your pillow but turn from emptiness and vanity to Him.

His invitation to the thirsty still remains. He says come. Come. Whether you feel unworthy to come...just come. He will cleanse you and fill you with living streams of water. Let Him wash over you. It is the healthiest thing you can do for your soul. Just get there however you have to. Get in His presence and let Him heal you with His balm. He is so rich in mercy.

I can look any of you dead in the eye and tell you that the Lord truly is my husband. As cliche as it sounds it is the truth. He is everything to me and I want Him to kill me before I end up in the ditch of sin's slavery again.


Fill us with Your Spirit Lord, we need You to cure our hearts from their deceitfulness. Fill us with You until we want nothing else and we can only cry MORE LORD! MORE OF YOU LORD. If you have to kill us with Your presence do it. But let us not live another day on our own.


COME TO HIM.

More verses HERE.




In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fulness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.







Bookmark and Share





3 comments:

michellemabell said...

Amen!!!

Pat Thacker said...

Amen,amen fill us Lord til we want no more,but we'll always want more for Jesus is our "Total Solution"! Wonderful post Jenny and I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

Holly Hoskison said...

You make me want to love Jesus more - love you!