CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ain't to proud to Beg!

NIV Psalm 116:1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.

I have been begging the Lord to speak to me over a situation that I am facing. Before I turned in last night I did the usual which was to get in the word (I have to or I am dangerous even in my sleep). Anyway, when I ask Him to speak to me I wait to hear His voice through His word and when He tells me something (my sheep know my voice) it pops out like a waving red flag. Anyway, As I read Isa 41 last night I knew He was speaking through this passage over my situation. Then the Lord will always use repetition with me (it seems I only learn that way!)...so I usually will hear the passage again. I opened my email to this devotion this morning on Isa 41. I love the Lord because He hears my voice! What is man that You are mindful of him?

“I AM THE ONE WHO HELPS YOU, DECLARES THE LORD. ”
Isaiah 41:14

This morning let us hear the Lord Jesus speak to each one of us: "I will help you." "It is but a small thing for Me, your God, to help you. Consider what I have done already. What! Not help you? Why, I bought you with My blood. What! Not help you? I have died for you; and if I have done the greater, will I not do the less? Help you! It is the least thing I will ever do for you; I have done more, and will do more. Before the world began I chose you. I made the covenant for you. I laid aside My glory and became a man for you; I gave up My life for you; and if I did all this, I will surely help you now. In helping you, I am giving you what I have bought for you already. If you had need of a thousand times as much help, I would give it to you; you require little compared with what I am ready to give. It is much for you to need, but it is nothing for me to bestow. Help you? Fear not! If there were an ant at the door of your granary asking for help, it would not ruin you to give him a handful of your wheat; and you are nothing but a tiny insect at the door of My all-sufficiency. I will help you."
O my soul, is this not enough? Do you need more strength than the omnipotence of the united Trinity? Do you want more wisdom than exists in the Father, more love than displays itself in the Son, or more power than is manifest in the influences of the Spirit? Bring here your empty pitcher! Surely this well will fill it. Hurry, gather up your wants, and bring them here--your emptiness, your woes, your needs. Behold, this river of God is full for your supply; what else can you desire? Go forth, my soul, in this your might. The Eternal God is your helper!
Fear not, I am with you, oh, be not dismay'd! I, I am your God, and will still give you aid.

No comments: