CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 6, 2007

I was experiencing Jeremiah 15:16 this afternoon when I read this. I found these words and ate them (spiritually speaking). They were food for my soul today. I can say every one of these verses from personal experience with the Lord! He has heard my voice when I have cried to Him for mercy. He is so merciful. He turns His ear to hear me. Because of His mercy on me...I will call to him as long as I live! The cords of death (sin) have entangled me and He has been the one to come and cut me loose from the traps that were set for me. I have been overcome (so many times) by trouble and sorrow and He has saved me. He is gracious (and because I have been the "Chief of sinners" at times) I can't comprehend His grace and His righteousness. How could the sinless, spotless Lamb come and die for all of our sins...or yet alone...my sins. My sins were enough to put Him on the cross. His grace and mercy are so vast toward the repentant heart. These verses mean so much to me because I know I could never repay Him for what He has done for me: 12 How can I repay the LORD for all his goodness to me?
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD.
He is so good...SO GOOD!

NIV Psalm 116:1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
8 For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling,
9 that I may walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
10 I believed; therefore I said, "I am greatly afflicted."
11 And in my dismay I said, "All men are liars."
12 How can I repay the LORD for all his goodness to me?
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD.
14 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
16 O LORD, truly I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant; you have freed me from my chains.
17 I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the LORD.
18 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people,
19 in the courts of the house of the LORD-- in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Girl i can't believe you have a blog!!!!! I haven't used mine in months...I need to update it seriously...love you!