CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 5, 2007

I am up and scared from the tornado watch. As I look over at sweet Morgan sleeping...I am reminded of how Jesus wants me to have faith like a child and that me sitting here worrying about a storm is not going to control the outcome of it. He watches over me so I need to go back to sleep! I love the verse below in Psalm 121 "he who watches over you will not slumber." He continually watches over me...He doesn't sleep or need any bathroom breaks, no changes in shift for Him...He never grows tired or weary! I am so thankful.

NIV Psalm 121:1 A song of ascents. I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.


Job 38
34 "Can you raise your voice to the clouds and cover yourself with a flood of water?
35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way? Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?

NIV Psalm 29:1 A psalm of David. Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.
4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic.
5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes Lebanon skip like a calf, Sirion like a young wild ox.
7 The voice of the LORD strikes with flashes of lightning.
8 The voice of the LORD shakes the desert; the LORD shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the LORD twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. And in his temple all cry, "Glory!"
10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
11 The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

No comments: