CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wait on the Lord O my soul

Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

This verse has been very important to me over the years. Lately though I have seen a personal earthly example of one who waits in expectation. Waiting is not a state of inactivity. Waiting in my experience has been an active waiting on the Lord to act on my behalf or on the behalf of another. Morgan often sits in her crib and watches Veggie Tales. She will cry at times to let me know that she is still there (Like I could forget). I will creep down the hallway to take a peek at her and she will turn her head to the door, cry, and then look back at Bob & Larry. It cracks me up! Anyway, as soon as she sees her deliverer from the crib coming (me) she gets her cup, blankie, and passy ready because she thinks this may be her chance to get out of the crib (she is waiting, making her cry known, and having a spirit of expectancy). If I am putting up her clothes and she knows I am not going to get her then..she keeps crying out. It does remind me of how I need to be with the Lord. I need to keep focused on His word, make my cries known to Him (prayers), and wait in a spirit of expectation for Him to act in His time. As I continue to cry out to Him and spend time in His word He changes me in the "waiting period." There have been so many prayers that I have prayed that I have faith will one day come to fruition...but until then He is changing me as I continue to wait for Him to act. He is teaching me a lot lately about waiting on Him instead of trying to help Him out. His time is perfect and so are His ways. When He shows up in my situation I will know that it is Him. I have tried to change things in my life so many times on my own... It has only left me drained, exhausted, and frustrated. I pray that He will remind me to keep coming to Him instead of exhausting myself with my own efforts of trying to change people or circumstances. It has always been my experience that when I get on my face and get renewed in the word that I have more energy and His power released in my life...but if I try to go at it on my own...I am spent. Maybe you know what I am talking about. I thank God for the precious little reminder through His gift of Morgan to me.

No comments: