CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 29, 2007

Get the yoke off of your neck!

"...But when you grow restless, you will throw his yoke from off your neck." Genesis 27:40b

I have just been having a MUCH needed time of worship. Morgan and I have been sitting in the living room singing praise to one of my favorite Passion cds. This weekend I just felt so beat down by life. I was reading this verse this morning and it just shouted out to me! It has been through becoming weak and worn out in life by my own sins or struggles thatI get so tired of the restlessness and the yoke that weighs me down finally gets thrown off. When I get really stressed or restless my neck kills me (that is why I thought the verse was especially applicable to me). So many times I have had to go to the hospital for severe muscle spasms in my neck (which costs about $500) and usually this is a result of me wearing a yoke around my neck. Then the Lord decides that it is time to make me lie down in green pastures (Since I wouldn't fully give the burden over to Him). He comes and breaks the yoke off of my neck. Try as I may at times to cast the anxiety on Him...there are times when I just can't seem to let go of the frustration or worry. So He takes it from me! Even this weekend I was struggling to get along with someone and I told the Lord this "how can I cast this anxiety off when the person weighs this many pounds?" I know the Lord laughed at me and I heard in my spirit...Give it to me Jenny, at my very word I can move mountains...that many pounds of human are nothing for me to handle! The word for where Esau would grow restless in the verse is: dWr ruwd It means 1) to wander restlessly, roam 1a) (Qal) to roam 1b) (Hiphil) to be restless, show restlessness. If you read the whole account of Jacob (Israel) and Esau you will see that Esau got tired of being restless (without peace..to me a state of anxiety) and had the yoke broken from his neck. If you read about Jacob stealing his blessing in Gen 27 you will see that he nursed himself with the idea of killing his brother after his father died. He probably carried around hatred and bitterness in his heart for a long time until he got tired of the weight. Let's not wait that long and have the enemy steal years from us! Whatever consumes us begins to control us. Anxiety, unforgiveness, bitterness, and etc have a huge way of controlling us! If the Lord is not controlling us we will end up with a huge weight around our neck that pushes us to the ground. So let's keep seeking the face of God until the weight has been lifted.

No comments: