CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Nothing But the Tail Lights

2 Timothy 4:8

8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day-- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Morgan is asleep so I have a few minutes. Since I have not been teaching I have a lot of stuff stored up…if you know me, you know that I think I need to share everything I learn whether people want to here it or not. This is one area where I am not afraid of rejection…ha ha! No, but really last night I was on the bed holding my feisty little girl. I looked to the corner of my eye and my heart began to pound, and I do mean pound, out of my chest. I got up and started walking toward the window. Rod was laying in the bed (and I will say he is used to me doing this) he saw me go to the window and he knew what I was doing. I thought Jesus was coming and the sky was beginning to light up. When I moved back the curtain I saw it was just the moon coming in the window. I was so disappointed. I thought He was coming and I was about to be out of here. Me and Morgan were “walking toward the light” ha ha! I am tired of the false alarms! Our neighbors keep really late hours so I have woken up many times and fallen on my knees thinking He was about to make His grand entrance and call us up to meet Him in the air…only to see that it was tail lights in my window. I was telling my sister about this happening to me and before I could tell her that it was the neighbors backing up she yelled “It’s the tail lights idiot!” She cracked me up! Anyway, I am just longing for His glorious appearing. He is coming and every knee will bow and every tongue will confess on the glorious day that “Jesus is Lord!” Amen! Come Lord Jesus Come!!

Titus 2:12-15

12 It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,

13 while we wait for the blessed hope-- the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

No comments: