CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Not so deep thoughts-by Jenny

Hosea 6:1;6
1 "Come, let us return to the LORD.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
6
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

I have had one of those wasted days. I just didn't get much of anything accomplished. I can't stand those kind of days. The other night I got home from work, propped my feet up, and began to do what I do...sort my skittles. I am such a creature of habit. I go to the same stores, the same gas station, I travel the same paths, eat the same foods, so much so that it is ridiculous. Frequenting the same stores though is really in the name of building relationships and having opportunities to share with others. But as I sat down to sort skittles I thought to myself, "Jenny, what are you doing? You don't even want skittles or have a taste for them!" It has been a habit for me so I just defaulted into what I normally do. I think that is the same way for us with our sin. We just default back to the old man. Help us Lord. I know lately I have been seeking God over certain areas that I need victory in and when I default back into that old way I believe the lie that I will never get the victory and I sort of give up and settle for low living. That is exactly what the enemy wants me to believe...that I will keep failing and that I will never get the victory. Well, he is a stinking liar! There is NO truth in him and there never has been...he is the father of lies and I am quite sick of him. Ok I am gettin' mad!
Lasting change doesn't always happen over night, so let's just quit with the constant condemnation and defeat, and let's press on to know God. What if we also got into some really good habits..like making His word absolute priority, seeking him above all others...what if we prayed more, worried less, and I could go on. But what if we let His word dwell so richly in us that we defaulted to Spirit filled living. That is what I want.

2 comments:

Profbaugh said...

Oh man, you've just hit me directly in the gut!! Just what I needed. Thanks for bringing on The Word tonight for me, Jenny!

Love ya my Siesta in Christ,
~Cheryl

debra parker said...

I hear ya.

Right now there is nothing the same about my life...

You wouldn't believe how my heart is longing for sameness.

Sometimes God has to change everything so our eyes are intently focused on him.

i enjoy your blog..girl.