CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

And the award for the girl with the least common sense goes to....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...Jenny!!
I AM HORRIBLY EMBARRASSED at what I am about to type. For 4 days (yes 4 days) I have been hearing an unusual sound coming from my refrigerator. Well, I just chalked it up to the fact that every time I went in the kitchen the thing must be filling up with water for the ice maker or something.

NOPE. About 45 minutes ago...I pulled back the fridge and to my horror saw a hose coming from the back of the fridge spraying water all over the place including the electrical socket. I have no clue why it never ran on the floor. Water went all the way up the sheet rock for 4 DAYS. So, our wall is ruined and will be molding. I am not even kidding. I was a bit nervous about waking Rod up because he is a grouch at night...but I tell you it was totally the Lord because he did not raise his voice or even get mad at me. He just told me that I needed to tell him whenever I heard anything unusual.

I feel so stupid right now. It reminds me of the time I had an Eclipse and did not change the oil in it and the engine blew up.

Oh I am off to pray and cast my anxiety on the Lord. The president I preferred didn't get elected, Tommy Tubberville is going to Clemson, I am an idiot, and my pets heads are falling off (dumb and dumber), now we have to take out the wall and replace the sheet rock all because I didn't take heed to the noise. There is so much application for my walk with the Lord in that. But tonight I am thankful that I have Esther (beth moore) and that God is on His Throne.

I kept asking Rod why he didn't hear it either. He said his ears are not as good as mine.

One thing I must say about that man is he is as smart as a whip. Dude can fix ANYTHING. He amazes me with his skillz. I am so thankful for that.

7 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

So sorry to hear about the frig leak! Yikes!!

I'm sure we all have had moments (days) like that.

Bless you are you are getting it cleaned up~
Cindy

~A~ said...

I've read your blog for several months now, I don't think I've ever left a comment but I had to today. One day my husband came into the house quite irritated about the big leak he found under the house. I asked him what made him look under the house and he told me that he heard it when he was in the hall bathroom. My response was "Oh, that must be what I've been hearing for the past week." So now we both know to tell our husbands when we hear a noise...

Patty said...

OH NO!! Rod will take care of it and all will be well and at least you listened before it got worse and I am sure it could would have so don't feel stupid. NOW, about the oil thing....just kidding...been there and done that.

Have a great weekend!! I will hold you to doing a guest post of the Siesta blog when you want to. Let me know when you are ready.

Love,
Patty

p.s. I think Jill will make you a scarf now. LOL

connorcolesmom said...

GET OUT!!
That is so bizarre!
Who would have ever thought that it would do something like that
Crazy
So glad Rod can fix it though
BTW: I went to Old Navy totally looking for those skirts and we had no selection actually not one skirt
Our old navy stinks :(
Love ya
Kim

Groovewoman said...

Girl it wasn't you're fault. How were you suppose to know that the fridge was revolting? Give yourself a break. At least you guys have found the problem & it is fixable. And PRAISE THE LORD for a hubby that knows how to do repairs... that is such a Blessing. I have one of my own.

It'll be alright babe... Take a Deep Breath!!

He Knows My Name said...

gotta love him. i got me one too that can do anything he puts his mind too. what would we do without them...i just shutter at the thought.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Heed the hose.

Yet one more saying to add to the Jenny Collection. :))

Love you girl!