CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The reason why...

I must be in the word when I get up and when I go to bed. If not I am plain dangerous. I wish it weren't true. Left to my own demise I am in trouble. So, I decided this morning to run to Sears and get a camera and that I would come right back home and get in the word. Well, I have a bit of a side that is bent on rebellion if not dealt with in the Spirit. After working at the mall for a decade, I guess I feel that I should have had an important spot. So, this morning I jumped the curb which I have done for years and years. I just knew in my heart that this may be the day that I get towed. As I live and breathe I walked out and my stinking car was gone. I would love to tell you that I handled that beautifully, but no. Anyway, the mall security (that thinks they are cops) had it towed...but guess what?! They had no idea where it was towed to. So, I finally find out and I asked the mall dude to take me to the gas station until Rod came to get me. Rod went and got cash and we had to get my car out of the impound lot. Give me a break. My dad is a cop and I called him to ask him what he thought it would cost me...120 dollars. He said 100. Well, I was like dad I don't understand why I can't park there but cops can. He said because they are "special". Anyway, I could use NONE of my connections to get out of it...I know people from all the towing companies EXCEPT from the one who towed it. I should have gotten Rod to go in and flirt with the chick at the tow place to see if we could get the price lowered...lol!!

My scriptures the night before were these (and yes I did have a warning in my spirit before I jumped the curb and into the pit):

Mark 9:35
35Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Matthew 23:5
5"Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them 'Rabbi.'

OUCH!

I also helped bust a guy who was Driving while intoxicated on thanksgiving and I think I rejoiced so much that my pride caused me to fall.

My dad said that since cops have radios they can park there...well, durn it I need a radio. He said well baby you will have to go through the academy. I just may.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I was laughing reading this...but this is so my life especially when missing my Quiet time..HE lets me get away with NOTHING! yup you are like me..short leash..in the world but not of it.. Love you girl..hope today is better...read the Word before you even get dressed!

debra parker said...

Your days must be so fun.

Anonymous said...

Jenny - you make me laugh! And we're sisters in the rebellious spirit thing! I haven't had my car towed, but before I get all prideful.... I did accidently tow a car. But that's a story for another day.
Hope today is better!

Cindy said...

Hi Jenny Hope,

I didn't get to meet you at the Siesta Fiesta but I did enjoy your back-scratcher story and your hair story. I enjoy reading your blog. Sorry you got towed. Unfortunately, I have a streak of rebellion in me that God is still dealing with.

Sherry said...

You are such a peach to share this. Sometimes I don't think you ever have these days...

Satan is such a liar!!

I love you and thank you for your honesty. I read the scripture you posted and shuffled in my seat! I needed to hear this sister!!!!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

The curb---was it a wide phylactery?? $120---oh no oh no...what did Rod say?? You so remind me of self, that is myself. Sounds like something that would happen to me. My young son tells stories to the older ones that I cry and get out of tickets, etc. Honestly, the tears are real when $120 is out of pocket. Praying God will slip double right back into your purse. Never based on how we perform. You're absolutely precious!

April said...

sorry sweetie I am sure that was no fun... Us rule followers may have wanted to do it but our need for approval would have held us back... We rebell it is just less visable but every much in need of being taken in hand by the Lord. Thanks for being real ... Lv u