CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Galatians 6:7-10 (Amplified)

7Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mocked [g]by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and [h]that only is what he will reap.

8For he who sows to his own flesh (lower nature, sensuality) will from the flesh reap decay and ruin and destruction, but he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

9And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.

10So then, as occasion and opportunity open up to us, let us do good [[i]morally] to all people [not only [j]being useful or profitable to them, but also doing what is for their spiritual good and advantage]. Be mindful to be a blessing, especially to those of the household of faith [those who belong to God's family with you, the believers].



I have had a pretty busy few days and I came home tonight and just felt sort of lonely. Anyway, the Lord reminded me in my Spirit of these verses. I really needed this word tonight. I will reap what I sow. I am not talking about the prosperity gospel at all here. I am talking about a prospering in the soul. If I choose to feed my flesh I will reap destruction... but if I feed my Spirit I will reap life and peace. It really is a resolve in this present day and age...either we will choose to spend time with the Lord and come to know Him more through His word or we will keep stuffing down what the world offers in a foolish attempt to feel satisfied in the here and now. Looking back on my life at the times I have chosen to live for myself and my sinful desires, I see the pure 100 percent destruction those poor choices brought to my life. In obedience and time spent feeding my heart and mind with God's word, I have in turn experienced the blessedness of peace amidst chaos and turmoil around me. Oh that the Lord would teach us wisdom in our innermost being and that we would hurry to do His will and obey His word. Today I went to a program at our church called "hope for the holidays" where people had lost a loved one. It was yet another sober reminder as I listened to this precious woman, Nancy, speak of her husband being murdered. Christ just resonates through this woman. She is truly a display of His splendor. She shared her testimony, thus far, and I was reminded of how our life truly is a vapor and a mist, here one day and gone the next. It made me think once again: What am I doing here? How crowded out is my heart and mind for the Lord? Am I really living for Him or is it for myself? And I thought once again...this is not my home...I have more to look forward to and yet how often I get stuck in the here and now of planet earth. Our lives here really are short and what we do really matters. Help us overcome our unbelief!!

Lord remove the scales from my eyes and the spiritual blindness that the fleeting pleasures of this world have caused me. Circumcise my heart and let me love You wholly...You are worthy Lord.

No comments: