CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Spanking

I have a funny story for you! Yesterday morning I received a message on my machine that said "Jenny, this is DHR and I need you to call me as soon as possible and the number." I had not even had my time in the word yet before I was going to call them back. I thought oh no someone has seen me carrying my spanking spoon around and they have called DHR on me. :)

I in no way abuse my child with the spoon but I do break it out if she is being unruly and disobedient. Proverbs 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.
With this new NO SPANKING PROPOSAL in Massachusetts I started thinking the worst! So, I nervously call the lady back and she had mentioned that someone had used me as a referral and she just asked me a few questions and we hung up! Whew!! :)

On to something else: I have had MUCH needed time in the word today and I read this in the "Stepping Up" bible study by Beth Moore:

"Freedom never comes through disobedience."

Let that fall on you. What areas are you experiencing a lack of freedom or oppression because of your own disobedience? Through our obedience we remain under the umbrella of God's protection. And I have a story about that! We went to the store the other day and Morgan spotted Thomas the Train...she can spot it a mile away. It was an umbrella and since she broke her Dora one I went ahead and got it for her. Y'all she has been carrying it EVERYWHERE! I can't get my camera to load pics or I would show you one of her with it. Nevertheless, she even puts it up over her head as we ride in the car. She has been watching tv with it over her head. It is quite hilarious. It gave me such a wonderful picture of staying in obedience to God and having His blessing over me. That doesn't mean trials won't come my way but that I will have shelter from the store as my life is hidden in Him.

Psalm 121:
5 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

Luke 11:28
28He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Psalm 91:4
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

4 comments:

Faith said...

I love this post! Glad the DHR scare turned out to be nothing serious. I have to admit though, I've never heard of DHR; I'm guessing it's the equivalent to the Dep't of Social Services/Child Protective Services in my state.

jennyhope said...

oh! DHR is Department of Human Resources...so its the same as child protection services.

Emmy said...

Hi Jenny!
I LOVE your heart! What is the "Stepping Up" Bible study? I loved that message!
"Freedom never comes through disobedience."
I needed to here that! : ) Thank you! Mac Powell was very nice!
Emmy : )

He Knows My Name said...

girl you got that study already. what all in that study did you get. i just had a great thought. christmas list. i can put it on my list or you know we can get LPM gift certificates. i am so jealous.

~janel

ps i'm catching up on your blog if you didn't notice. i have been so out of the loop.