CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Anxiety from snoring

**EDITED to say this: For two nights Rod has fallen asleep on the couch and I have not been waking him up so I could secretly get some snore free sleep in my own soft bed. ;) That seems to be working pretty good!

I don't know what it is...
but...
nothing seems to get under my skin more than Rods snoring. Seriously, it gives me anxiety it is so loud. Just when I start to drift off to sleep it starts up. Like a thorn in my flesh (a loud snoring thorn) it gets to me bad.
I have kicked, pushed, hit, tried breathing strips, and snore spray, to no avail...and no the manly man is not going to go to a sleep clinic before anyone suggests it. He just thinks I need to sleep in the other room. How does Morgan sleep through this? How do I stay in the power of the Holy Spirit? Is His grace really sufficient for my weakness? Y'all know I am playing with my dramatic post but part of me is so serious. It makes me want to freak out. I never had these anxiety issues at night until I got married. Oh well. I have tried loud fans to drown it out, earplugs which seem to muffle the loudness of it all. Even when I sleep in another room the noise fills and permeates the whole house. What to do...what to do?!?! Well, Morgan is feeding Elmo some chips gotta run!

Love Sleepless in Alabama!

8 comments:

~Elaine~ said...

I'm with ya Sista! In the other room I could still not bear it, so we have now decided he can sleep in the downstairs bedroom and I'll just stick with the second floor.lol
On a more serious note, I sincerely appreciate your thoughts of condolence. Thanks for thinking of me.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I feel your pain. When you find out, let me kow. I thihnk it will be the cpap, but w/o going to the clinic, it will not be diagnosed. my husband is the same way.

Charity said...

Girl, I don't know what to tell you! Brady only snores occasionally! I wouldn't want to sleep in another room. :(

Is he well rested in the morning? If he always feels tired, he might really benefit from a sleep study. Of course, my hubs is as stubborn as a mule and wouldn't go either!

I too experience those "anxiety" issues over some things like that. Especially when Brady has his snoring episodes.

I will be praying for you girl! Mommies need their rest!! Like they say...if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy! LOL! LOL!

Amy said...

I can never marry. I have decided. I am such a light sleeper there is no WAY I could deal with snoring. I wonder if I snore? Hmmmmmm...

Super B's Mom said...

Oh Wow. That's tough!! Snoring would drive me mad. Although he doesn't snore, my hubbie constantly makes smacking sounds while he sleeps.

It sounds goofy, but he'll roll over and there he is right in my ear smacking away like he's got 10 sticks of gum in his mouth. I told him I feel like I'm sleeping with Mr. Ed.

Hang in there! :)

Charity said...

Oh...I forget to mention in my other comment that I got my "No other Gods" book yesterday! I had to order it from Lifeway's website, but I have got! Let me know what the plans are! I am SO excited!

debra parker said...

breatheRight!!!!

Shonda said...

Jenny
Blessings to you my dear Sister.

I saw this advertisement last night while I laid awake listening to the sounds of someone else sleeping..

http://snoreezz.com/

I don't know if it really works or not. I have not tried it; cant vouch for it. But just thought I'd share it.

Blessings in Christ--