CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Breaking Free Taping in New Orleans

2 Samuel 7:18

David's Prayer
18 Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said:
"Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?


About 10 years ago (1999) my mom called me and said that there were some ladies starting a bible study at our church and asked me if I wanted to come. I said yes...and the rest of my years have been the most life altering years of my entire life. I started Breaking Free by Beth Moore.

The church I attended was small and lets just say you didn't even bring your bible to church. So a bible study was rare. I only even had a King James version of the bible. So, I went out and purchased an NIV study bible in paperback. At this time I was already driving 45 minutes to go to another church which is my home church for the last decade.

As I sat there in that room watching the Holy Spirit teach through Beth...I whispered a prayer to God that I wanted whatever it was that she had. I had never witnessed the power of the Holy Spirit through His word or seen anyone that passionate about God.

I have done breaking free at least 6 or 7 times since then. No one has had the impact on my life as far as discipleship goes like that woman. She has NEVER done anything but point me to Christ.

Long story short: I have been invited to go with Tammy (GratefulinGA) to the taping in New Orleans. I had prayed several weeks ago for the Lord to give me some time with Him that wasn't so rushed...time away. I didn't even think it was possible that I could go. Never considered it. Then, I looked at the cost of flights...I found a special round trip ticket for 99 dollars tax and all. That is all I am having to pay to go. I can not believe the Lord's provision and how He even orchestrated me meeting Tammy.

She and I got to talking in San Antonio and she asked me how many children I had. I can't leave Shelby out because she is in heaven...so I told her two but that one was in heaven...and that I am ok. Then, she proceeded to tell me that her 24 year old daughter died 3 years ago and I began to cry. She told me that because of Christ she is ok. We talked some more and she walked around with me while the "freak magnet" also known as me attracted some strange people. Note to self...it is not good to be on the riverwalk at midnight in Texas.

So, only heaven knows the impact that these studies have had on me and how profoundly my life has been touched. The Lord reminded me in my Spirit of my prayer and that this was the answer.

I have got some more breaking free to do ;)

Again, prone to wander Lord I feel it...prone to leave the God I love...here's my heart Lord take and seal it...seal it for thy courts above.

Why He has not left me or forsaken me...I will never know.

I deserve nothing.

I just cry out Lord better is one day in your courts than a thousand days elsewhere...my heart and flesh cry out for you the Living God. I will draw near to You Lord...I will draw near to You.


psalm 84
10 Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.



14 comments:

Alana said...

Hi Jenny,

I felt the need to stop by because when I had lunch with Fran she told me that you are (and I quote) "the funniest person on the planet" or something to that effect...which I guess makes it not so much a quote, but you get my drift ;-)

It is so cool that you have been blessed with this opportunity. Enjoy it. We all have a lot of breaking free to do still...at least on this side of heaven!

Holly said...

Praying in advance for your time, sweet one! Yes, I am! Hug that Tammy's neck for me, too--and have her hug yours for me!

jennyhope said...

Awww Alana...on behalf of Fran I would like to accept my award as funniest person on the planet. I would like to personally thank my family. Um I want to give a shout out to Rod who has made me so crazy that I have to find things to laugh about. I also need to thank my sweet girl...she knows her mother loves a good laugh and manipulates me whenever she is to get a spanking. She forces me to laugh. then, to my extended family (my family of origin) we won't even go there.

Then, to Bon Qui Qui at King Burger for giving me some new skillz.

Just kidding.
Girl I am going to break free for real!!!

Holly you will have no idea the hugs and girl the laughs...we will get some on your behalf sista!!
Thank you!!

GratefulinGA said...

Oh Jenny,
God is so very good!

So glad He orchestrated our meeting and you led with your heart not your head that night in SA.

love you girl,
get to packin!

twinkle said...

Good grief but that is neat!
Tammy is a sweetie-pie and you two are going to enjoy the event and the fellowship.
Who knew so much love could grow from a blog?
In the words of Hannah Gosselin from Jon & Kate plus 8...

Enjoy YOUR self!

ocean mommy said...

I am sitting here thanking God that He has paved the way for you to go to this taping! WOW!!! This is just incredible. I will be praying for you and Tammy that God would show off for you while you're there and that you will get all that He has for you!

Love, love, love you!!!

steph.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

YOu have fun my friend...I know it will be some powerful study and worship!

Think of me and pray I'll be able to break free from jealousy..:))

Anonymous said...

Blessings for your trip, JHW. I'm so happy for you. It will be a holy blast----take good notes and take your computer....please blog every night so we can "be there" through y'all. At the present moment I'm not sure I could handle breaking free b/c I'm so consumed with a life in transition but I would go in a heart beat if I could.

I'm confused, who is Fran and who is GratefulinGA? Are they the same person? YOu told me about Fran and I had them as the same but I'm sure I'm confused.

Hugs, J

Stacey said...

So glad for you, girl! Thanks for your testimony. It is amazing to see what God uses when the time has come for Him to visit us with His faith and hope! Ironically, it was a christian weight loss class at a local church that God used to put a hunger in me for HIM about 8 years ago. He knew that gaining weight after 3 pregnancies would be the thing to drive me to church! lol.

Keep letting your light shine, my sister, and I'll look forward to hearing all about the taping. =)

connorcolesmom said...

Jenny
I am SO EXCITED for you!
That is going to be such a wonderful and blessed time for you with God!
And the fact that you get to spend time with Tammy - Oh girl you 2 are going to have a blast!
Much love
Kim

Anonymous said...

whoa, Jenny, that story is incredible. this inspires me like nothing else I've read in a while... wow! what a great opportunity and I know you will use it all for His Glory. keep me in the loop friend!

He Knows My Name said...

jenny! can you believe it! this is so great! i know beth is going to be so blessed to have you there for the taping. i can't wait to hear what God did for you.

hugs, janel

pinkmommy said...

How exciting! I must say I am a tad bit jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

Jenny --
I'm going to Breaking Free in NO, too! Can't wait.... someone told me you were going, oh I can't remember who that was. Anyway, I didn't make it to Siesta Fiesta in SA and I'm so excited to be heading off to this. Breaking Free is an incredible study.

I'm praying for all of us. For safe travels, hearts ready to hear from God, spirits willing to receive His blessings and His instruction, and for our speaker, Beth, that the Lord gives her the words He would have for her.

I'm praying for a sweet time of friendship and of joy in the Lord.

I wish I'd known about you going, we have a crew traveling from Alabama (I think that's where you are) and we could have a space for you.

I hope we meet in New Orleans.