CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Weeeeeeeeeer'e BACK

We are back from what Rod is telling Morgan is "the cabin". I just need to share that last night she said "Momma, I can't stay here...I just can't!" Well, out of the mouths of babes. We only lasted at roach motel for one night.
Rod told me there was no work for him to do in the morning and asked if I wanted to go home. YOU HAVE NEVER NEVER SEEN ME PACK SO FAST IN MY LIFE.
A couple of highlights:
1. I have not been down there in two years. MEANING: The place has not been cleaned in two years!
2. I spent all night cleaning the place and as I live and breathe I promise you (and the Lord knows) I moved furniture like crazy to clean underneath and I must have vacuumed up 1000's yes THOUSANDS of dead bugs I am not kidding. The first place I started to clean was the toilet. I won't go there. Then, the shower. I asked Rod when the last time the shower had been cleaned and he said, "I have never cleaned it." Meaning: The last time I cleaned it. I think there was an ant bed in the side of the shower. I am not sure but I would have to say yes it was an ant bed.
3. Upon arrival I noticed the sink was full of dishes. So there is no telling how long they were sitting there but I will tell you I hate dishes being left in the sink. Much less I WOULD NEVER EVER EAT OFF OF ONE OF THOSE DISHES. Even if I was starving. I decided to pop morgan some popcorn (just before I forbid him to EVER let her eat off of one utensil in the place) and he told me not to look in the microwave. Y'all it was AWFUL. I had to get one of those metal soap pads to clean it out.
4. Wasps got all in the trailer and I was doing all I could to spray them to their death. At one point all I could find was some X-14 shower foam cleaner and I just sprayed them with foam to death. It worked. Rod informed me they are just living in the paneled walls so I needed to keep the place real cold so they wouldn't come out. Oh I just could rest at ease after that comment.
5. We were riding a ranger type all terrain vehicle and we got stuck in some major mud. At that point I said MORGAN YOU NEED TO PRAY. It wasn't looking good. As soon as she prayed "God, please help us get out of this mud, amen" we got out. PRAISE YOU LORD.
6. Morgan asked when we could go to the mall...LOL!!!
7. I found some wonderful presents that Rod's friend gave me TWO years ago. Thanks for bringing those home for me dear!

Well, I have got to crash. Last nights sleep in the twin bed with Morgs hurt.


9 comments:

Profbaugh said...

Oh Jenny,

You poor thing. My heart goes out to you. I am so with you on this one, girlfriend. Give me a good hotel room and a mall any day. Nope, I would not like the trailer on little bit. I give you kuddos for lasting as long as you did.

Love ya,
~Cheryl

ocean mommy said...

Girl! You are one brave woman. I would have slept in my car!! I am not kidding either...I'm itchin' all over just reading this!!!

Glad you are home safe and sound!1

hugs,
steph.

Fran said...

WOO HOO!!! She and Morgan made it out alive!!! PRAISE YOU JESUS!! Girl...I just couldn't do it. I'm proud of ya. Happy sleeping.

Love ya,
Fran

debra parker said...

Wow. Girl.

I am so proud that you stayed and cleaned...

I have no idea what I would have done. You deserve a trophy.

I have one from my ONE WHOLE WEEK of camping IN A TENT.

debra parker said...

Okay I don't really.

But I need one.

GratefulinGA said...

Hey Jenny,
Wondering if you all would have a look over here and see what YOU can DO.
blessings,
tammy

pinkmommy said...

You are a braver girl than I my friend.

Sherry said...

I would love to tell you that I just LOL at this, but my voice is completely shot, so I just threw my head back and nothing came out.

That was funny though, dude!

He Knows My Name said...

all i got to say is that you must LOVE that man more than i love my man cause i would NEVER go thru what you just did willfully. i think we should rename you jenny mountain wo man or something like that. you are one tough chick!!!

hugs, janel

ps. sweet morgan to mention the mall at a time like that...she is so in tune with her surroundings. God Bless that little sweet pea!!!