CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Psalm 73

Psalm 73

22 I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.

24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.


I can't explain it but I have just had this aching in my heart today. I have so many wonderful friends but I just felt so lonely in my heart. When I pinpoint the ache, I know the real longing is for God and for His courts and for His presence. To be free from this body of sin and live with Him in unbroken fellowship for eternity. My heart is yearning for Him...yet so often I look for people or the affirmation of this world to fill the ache.

As I was in the car today, the Lord reminded me of the above verses. God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Any other attempt to be full apart from Him is a counterfeit. Oh that I would continually look to Him and be full because He is my portion.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! What a word from God! I feel like that often... Isn't is hearbreaking how you can be surrounded by people and still feel alone at times?? I think you are so right- our ache can only be filled by the creator. : )

GratefulinGA said...

vs 26 is one of my favorite Psalms. lifting you up to Him this day.
tammy

BethAnne said...

I feel the same way more often than I care to admit. It is hard to be away from your Abba and not know when He is coming to pick you up. Thanks for the verses.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

hey girl - stopping by to say hello!!! love, Leigh

April said...

Thanks for sharing that word girl... you know I need that reminder... Lv u