CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

H.A.I.R.

Well, I have been keeping this to myself so here goes. Please take no offense.

I got desperate.

It was a weak moment.

I was without Morgan.

Having time to kill.

I went to Supercuts.

I thought the lady with the long frizzy unkempt hair was just the shampoo tech.

Her hair was at least 20 inches long.

Maybe it was a religious thing.

She put the cape on me.

She got the scissors.

I said, "Oh, are you cutting my hair?"

She cut my hair.

She told me about how much pain medicine and muscle relaxers she was on.

Surely, she was not going to cut my hair...my crown of glory.

I prayed. Lord give me favor. Perform a miracle with those scissors.

I was scared. I was trying to cast my cares on Him, because He cares for me and this was a big deal.

She did not dry my hair. You know that is a bad sign.

I asked if she had been to beauty school...reek reek reek...she told me they had to do 40 hours of training.

What? What?

My mother in law said, "don't you know not to go to those places!"

Yes.

I get home.

Dry and try to style my hair.

It was uneven...way uneven and chopped up.

So, today I am wearing it curly.

I will not depart again from my girl at Salon 2000.

I am headed there tomorrow with my hair magazine in tow. I know she will not disappoint.

If you want a bad do...go to this lady on meds at Supercuts. If you need her info just leave me a comment.

Prayers please.

Lesson learned. If you want something stylish stick to your same girl that you have been using for 15 years Jenny (yes, I speak in 3rd person).

Leviticus 10:6 (the Lord takes hair very seriously) JUST KIDDING!
6 Then Moses said to Aaron and his sons Eleazar and Ithamar, "Do not let your hair become unkempt, and do not tear your clothes, or you will die and the LORD will be angry with the whole community. But your relatives, all the house of Israel, may mourn for those the LORD has destroyed by fire.




12 comments:

Groovewoman said...

OH MY GOSH... THE HORROR!! Are you OKAY? What am I saying? Of course you aren't. You poor thing. Were you drunk? Just claim temporary insanity - we'll believe you!

Girl, I am praying that your lady of 15 years will make things right in the eyes of the Lord! (j/k - sorta) I do hope she fixes it and that you'll be GOOD AS NEW!

You should soooo give us BEFORE & AFTER pics. I mean it's only fair to your readers whom love you so dearly! :D **grins**
Keep us posted!

Groovewoman♫

He Knows My Name said...

hey jenny, i need to email you soon. about your hair, it happens to the best of us. i don't know what it is about hair and us women. there are times i cut, yes cut my own hair. it's like i have this inner beautician thing come over me. then i have to go get it fixed. i have a color up in the bathroom right now. i got chicken. so i am so relating to this. all i can say is next time, fight the urge...stick with the pros.

hugs, janel

Fran said...

I held my breath the entire time.
I couldn't take it if the hair was gone...maybe a little messed up but definately fixable.

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Oh you made me laugh--out loud--especially when I got to Leviticus.

Think I'll have to memorize it so I can use it on the girls when it's time to deal with tangles.

Rachel said...

oh, girl! I've done the same thing only my deal was at Wal-Mart after a perfect Hair day - supidest thing I've ever done. Weeping with you (lol) I sent you an email...did it come?

Anonymous said...

WHy! Why! Why! Not to rub it in or anything! Please for me never step foot in there again! i wish I could fix your hair for you!

~Hugs~

Little Steps Of Faith said...

LOL!
Girl, I hear you though, because I got my hair done the same day too!!! LOL!!!
the girl cut it ok, but its like one side is more " stylish" then the other, yea, that's a good word to use...ugh, people, why get licenses...might as well had a child do it...sorry, that was a little more positive than I would have hoped to say it:)
Hope yours turned out alright though, I KNOW how you feel!

Anonymous said...

Horror! Only change hairdressers by personal referral after admiring someone's hair. I've learned this the hard way too. And hair isn't my "thing" b/c I'm always a breath away from a good clip or ponytail. You'll be beautiful regardless because you are a rockstar! Take a pic of the new do. Heading to scrapbook. Tootles, J

Maryanna said...

You crack me up girl. I'm sorry you got a rank hair cut. Be thanking the Lord that you can wear your hair curly to hide "a multitude of sins" that that lady gave you. :-) JK.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Praising Jesus with you for the curls. They cover a multitude of sins. :)))

ocean mommy said...

Um....My stomach went into knots when I started reading this!

Sherry said...

I just laughed my tail off!! You are such a mess and I LOVED this post!!!

Hahahahahahahahhaaaaaa!