CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Going to the Girlie Group

Hey my sistas (siestas) I am at the lake and headed to Atlanta this afternoon! I can not wait!! I am ready to get my praise on in a BIG way. I need the time away to retreat and etc. If Beth comes even remotely near AL I am there! I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing me this time. We were going and did not know if we were going to have a place to stay tonight because all the hotels were booked up a long time ago. I knew that the Lord would provide and we have a free place to stay! Give Him the Praise!
Here are some verses that were really speaking to me this morning:

Proverbs 16:1-3;20;25 and Proverbs 17:14;19;24;27

1 To man belong the plans of the heart,
but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue.

2 All a man's ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the LORD.

-I was thinking about this second verse and how we sometimes do things for vain glory when our works will be tested and the things that were done with an impure motive will be burned up in the fire (11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work.). Lord help us! We are also told when doing good to not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing (Matthew 6:3).

3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.

Verse three speaks to me so much about plain obedience. When I seek God and commit all of me, my plans, my time, my agenda, offering all of my members to Him...then my plans will succeed. It may not be what I think it should but I have learned the hard way that it is better to be with Him then setting myself up in opposition to Him! Amen! When we oppose God HE ALWAYS WINS! ALWAYS.


20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.

The word for heed here in the Hebrew is to give careful attention to, to pay attention to. The word for trust is again the word to rely on, confide in, to be firm and solidified trusting in Him. When we give heed to His instruction it will ALWAYS be to our benefit. We are blessed by putting our trust in Him.


25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
but in the end it leads to death.
I prayed this verse this morning that I would not put confidence in my flesh or my own feelings but that the Lord's Spirit would be strong in me and He would convict me when I began to go my own way. The way of the flesh always brings destruction and death.


One thing I have seen in Rod is that he never gives full vent to his anger. He doesn't just open the gates of his mouth and bare his soul about everything. There is something to be said for that and I need it to rub off on me a little. Last night I was watching Dr. David Jeremiah and he was talking about anger and how we ARE NOT to nurse our anger or give full vent to it. I really needed to hear that because sometimes I think we do some serious nursing our anger. That will end up causing a bitter root to grow up and defile many (heb 12). Our anger will consume us and hurt others around us. Some of us could be very justified in our bitterness but it will only eat us alive if we do not forgive on a continual basis. There is a very challenging relationship in my life that I am called constantly to forgive with this person. I have to be obedient to God regardless of the hurt and give my burdens to Him, trusting Him with the outcome. It is hard and it takes a lot of prayer...A LOT of PRAYER! Well, gotta run Morgan is in to everything.
Proverbs 17:14
14 Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam;
so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out.
19 He who loves a quarrel loves sin;
he who builds a high gate invites destruction.
24 A discerning man keeps wisdom in view,
but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth.
27 A man of knowledge uses words with restraint,
and a man of understanding is even-tempered.

28 Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya know, I SO wish I lived in the South. I am all about summer and all things hot. I am also all about GOING TO A BETH MOORE EVENT WITH THE SIESTAS. I am a little jealous...but I'll get over it!
On a serious note, Beth Moore doesn't come to the North very often. :( I went to my very first LPL event last February and well, I am hooked! So, I hope she ventures her pretty little face (and her mighty delivery of the Word!) up here more often!
Anyway, rambling isn't the greatest thing to do, especially on a comment so HAVE FUN!
I pray your time away is refreshing and renewing on many levels! And if Beth comes close by tell her that her BFF in Michigan says HI! ;)

Tam said...

Great post Jenny! Having endured what i endured this week with a sister in church this particular post really speaks loudly to me. Yet, more confirmation!

i am so envious of your time this weekend. Beth rarely comes to the N.West... Go get your praise on girl!