CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I don't have a title for this one

Psalm 116:7-8
7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
8 For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling,

I am not sure what my problem is but I am just slap worn out. The Lord just put the above verse on my heart as I was crying and about to start a pity party. I needed to remember that the Lord has been good to me in the face of my adversity. I truly have so much I need to be thankful for and yet it is so easy when you are just faced with one trial after another to not forget how good the Lord has been. We have a tendency to want to focus on our problems instead of how He has cared for us this far, and not to mention what a great salvation we have received if we are in Christ. I am so thankful for all of the verses that the Lord has put in His word about being strong and courageous and not to be discouraged. Discouragement is not from the Lord but we all have had seasons of great discouragement. Times where the enemy is pressing us in all around whispering lies that we will never get past this mountain, that this season will never end, or that we might as well just give up. He wants us to think that the Lord does not care for us. Yet that is such a lie. He knows every hair on our head. The Lord is present in our trials...we just don't want to go through them. We want deliverance instead of the refining work that the Lord is trying to produce in us through the trial. Look at the disciples and see how they had to go through the storm and if they had not they would have missed the miracle of Jesus walking on water, or Jesus stilling the storm. Jesus will come and still the storm in you and me as we seek to hold His hand through it all. The enemy is hard after us quitting. He wants us to get so focused on our present circumstance that we lay down and die even though we are still living. God DOES NOT WASTE WORDS, He did not tell flesh and blood to not be discouraged because they weren't discouraged or afraid. He spoke those words because they were afraid and looked headlong at their enemy and not the size of their God...and they were discouraged. They felt like they couldn't go on and be victorious. Don't we all face that same temptation? Obviously Joshua, like us, felt like the task to lead the Israelites after Moses died was too big for him, and that the enemy was too much for him to face. He was right...the enemy is stronger then us (in our flesh we can not stand up against him), but he is a defeated foe. He is not stronger than our God or Christ living and dwelling in us. We can not stand up against him on our own...but the Lord goes with us. He is mighty to save and we see testimony of that over and over in the word. He chooses the foolish things of the world to shame and confound the wise. So let's go to God with our burdens, this life is not about ease and if it was we would totally miss Christ showing up in our circumstances. Lets not lay down and die...lets live even if we are hard pressed.

Deut. 31:6-7
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." 7 Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, "Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the LORD swore to their forefathers to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance.

Deut 31:23
23 The LORD gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: "Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you."

Joshua 1:6, 7, 9
6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them
7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."


Deut 7:18-19
18 But do not be afraid of them; remember well what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt. 19 You saw with your own eyes the great trials, the miraculous signs and wonders, the mighty hand and outstretched arm, with which the LORD your God brought you out. The LORD your God will do the same to all the peoples you now fear.

Psalm 142:5-7
5 I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."
6 Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me.
7 Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me.

7 comments:

Charity said...

You are right! We need to remember that God allows trials in our lives to make us the people He wants us to be!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

I really needed that today! Thanks!

Heather said...

2 Corinthians 4: 7 - 10 ... 7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Thankful for Jesus who is with us no matter what!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Jenny,

From one creative chick to another; you might title this:
" Words not wasted" something like that, because as a whole that is what it is saying...AMEN to that siesta:)

He will be faithful always;)

Your siesta in Jesus:)

angie

debra parker said...

encouraging.

i appreciate you sharing these verses. they were good for me to read. be strong and full of courage...i hope it sings in my head all night.

Fran said...

Hey friend....
This scripture came to my mind....one of my favorites in times of stress, defeat, emotions.....Isaiah 43:2-3

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you; when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Hallelujah! When those hard times come, He will get us through. This is just the most precious promise.

Praying for you....

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog awhile back and have really enjoyed reading about your journey with Him. It’s such a blessing!

The Lord really spoke to me through your words today! My day started with some bad news, but I was reminded that the Lord would guide me and give me the courage and strength that I needed to face the obstacles that had come my way! I really needed to hear that!

Thanks for sharing!

Carrie
cbanister@northstate.net

Anonymous said...

Stay Strong!! I'm always praying for you and thankful that the Lord crossed our paths. (If nothing else so someone can try to keep me straight!!)

Love Ya!