CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

I Surrender "Some"

Deuteronomy 1:31-33
31 and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."
32 In spite of this, you did not trust in the LORD your God, 33 who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go.


How many times do we go to church and sing songs like "I Surrender All" and we can't truly sing it with our whole heart because we know that it is not true of us? Still we go through the motions. If we were honest wouldn't it read for most of us "I Surrender Some"? If we really live a life of submission and surrender to Christ what will be the mark of it in your life and mine? One word comes to mind: VICTORY. In surrendering all we lose ourselves in the cross and we gain everything. Yet our natural inclination is to hold on to what is ours with a tight grip. Let me give you an example. Tonight Rod and I got into a fight...boo. Instead of me entrusting him and his attitude to the Lord I lashed out and began to take my shots with my own words. Then guess what? I am sinning all over the place with what I say. The Lord wants me to be filled and have self-control and instead I throw the baby out with the bath water....because I feel like in saying something back that I am justified and that I can take care of how I am wronged or misunderstood instead of letting the Lord deal with what concerns me. It is pride all the way. I decide by lashing out that I am going to take matters in my own hands and settle the score. What about the song that has the lyrics "In all I do I honor You"? Can we really say that? In all we do we honor Him? Then why are we walking around half the time in defeat? Lord, help us to honor You. Help us to surrender all. Help us not to give in to the constant temptations to take matters into our own hands. I barely go a day without trying to be the boss of my own life. LORD help us!! Father may it not be said of us that we saw all that you did for us yet we did not put our trust in You. Help me, help us, to believe You. You are so worthy Lord. Please forgive us for our pride.

2 Samuel 7:28
28 O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant.

Psalm 4:4-6
4 In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Selah
5 Offer right sacrifices and trust in the LORD.
6 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD

1 comment:

twinkle said...

Just a thought but when someone is sold out to serve Jesus the enemy tries to bring all kinds of distractions into their life. Tensions among people can be a distraction to your determination to set aside quiet time with God. Think about whether some of the things you are talking about could just be a chain the enemy is trying to lock around your ankle to hold you back from the PRIZE of a deep and devoted relationship with your REDEEMER. Don't get distracted and stay in relationship with Christ.