CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I love Him!

Luke 18:9-14
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector 9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'
14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

The Lord is so good! He is good when times are good and He is good when times are bad. My words fail to describe Him. I just got back from work and a long weekend with my sisters wedding and I left the wedding thankful...so thankful that I had a head on collision with His grace so many years ago now. I praise Him for revealing Himself to me at a younger age and giving me a hunger for the word. It is life to me.

I am so tired and have a few stories to tell but I am going to rest now. I just want to say to how alive and active He is and that if we will pay attention we won't miss it. I clicked on the living proof blog and saw that Beth spoke on 2 Peter 1 this weekend. The Lord got my attention with that about two weeks ago. I love the unity that the Spirit brings. I love so much that when He wants me to get something...He will drive that point home. The passage above reminds me of me at times in my life...so sinful that I couldn't look up in my shame and God has had so much mercy on my life. I just needed to get that out. One thing though that the Lord has been teaching me lately is that He will not force our hands at being close to Him. We must obey out of love and pray for a hunger and thirst for Him. We need to ask for hearts that are undivided that fear His Holy Name. He is so ready to respond to that prayer...it is all in the asking. Fill our cups Lord...fill them up Lord. Give us a bad taste in our mouth for our own foolish attempts at finding satisfaction. True satisfaction is found only in You...from someone who knows what it is like to search in vain.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Welcome back! Get some rest and enjoy some sweet fellowship with Abba.

Fran said...

I know you must be exhausted but you sound so "filled" and that is a great thing. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures.
Glad you're back....

Profbaugh said...

All I can say to this is a big Amen!! Jenny, I just love reading your blog. You encourage me so much!!

~Cheryl

connorcolesmom said...

Great Word and so true!!
I look forward to some pics of the wedding!
How is the job going?
Love,
Kim

Heather said...

Welcome back. Preach it seista!

Unknown said...

Hey Girl...you rest up some! My last post is about the girls that came to live with us this summer! They have been in the area selling books. Which is why I called them the Book Girls, because that is how they are affectionatly known as around here! But yeah, at the beginning we had 4 and now we are down to 1 :(! It is sad to say goodbye, but we knew it was just a season! Anyway, I had a couple of posts about them, but I don't know how to link them in a comment! But at least now you inderstand a little more about this last post!