CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

New Mercies

Lamentations 3:21-26 21 This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. 22 Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!” 25 The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. 26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD.

I am just going to say that I am so thankful that His mercy is new every morning and that He is so faithful inspite of our unfaithfulness. I was having such a good time in the word (well it would have been yesterday since it is 1am) this morning and I did something that I should NEVER do. I answered the phone before I was finished hearing from the Lord. This is not legalism for me. If I don't make first things first I will get off track really fast. I had spent time learning and had not had much prayer. Well, I got on the phone and began to share about a trial that I was going through. After that my focus was shot. I began to dwell on that thing all day. I experienced worry and a bit of anxiety (which worry is sin by the way ;). I began to talk to my friend about the problem before I talked to the Lord which usually is not a good program for me. I always end up saying too much when I don't go to the throne to petition the God of the universe. My day has been one of the most unproductive days that I have had in a long time. Not only was it unproductive all of my energy was spent as I focused on my problems and not on God and what His word speaks to my situation. My problems and worries began to exalt themselves above the knowledge of God. Seriously, I am looking forward to a fresh start with some new mercies in the morning. I am so thankful that we have day and night and not just one endless day! I need to have a fresh start! I learned yet another lesson. God is in control and while He gives us godly friends He wants us to come to Him for council, comfort, and peace FIRST! With Him we can filter and save ourselves a lot of regret from spilling our beans all over the place to other people before we have spilled them to Him. He cares so much for us and He longs to be gracious to us and show us compassion.
This week I have been focusing on His love and being rooted and grounded in His love. I have had more verses on His demonstrative love come my way and I have had so many text messages from friends that felt they should remind me of God's love for me. He is so actively involved in parenting us when we stop to listen it really builds our faith! He has been reminding me over and over that He laid down the life of His Son for me...small little me...and you!
Well, hopefully soon I will go to sleep and be able to wake up to the smell of some fresh mercy brewing! Maybe you need a fresh start today, new mercies, a clean slate. He does remove our transgressions as far as the east is to the west when we confess and ask for forgiveness...you do know that?!?! Regardless of how you feel regarding forgiveness...He forgives. So good...so good!

6 comments:

Fran said...

Hey friend...
i just love a fresh word from Jesus and especially a new day and thank you Jesus for "new mercies!"

I came to my bible and just opened it up and this what I was able to read...

"You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you." Psalm 86:5

He is so good to us! I love Him dearly! His promises just amaze me sometimes. Blessings...

Charity said...

Hi! I am Charity. I just happened across your blog. It inspires me to read about your daily walk with the Lord.
It is also fun to read about your fun times as a mommy! I can relate! My little man will be 2 next month! They are soooo much fun!

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

That scripture is one of my all-time favorites (as you can see on my blog!) What a great promise that is!!
Enjoyed your blog! (Found it through LPM blog)

Beth

Angela Baylis said...

Another great post, Jenny!

Joy cometh in the morning! I totally agree... I take things to "my friends" way too much! Not good! And... worry is sin!!! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Blessings,
Angie
p.s. Sometimes it's good to have an unproductive day! :)

Jackie said...

Great word today...thanks for sharing with us. You always have great things to say. Hope your day is blessed.

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Jenny,

Hey girl, I just wanted to tell you your moment of realizing you didn't end your quiet time before talking to your friend helped me write my devotional for yesterday.
It is about keeping our hearts guarded.
Thanks:-)Hope you are having a great one:)

angie