CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Today is Thursday!

You know what today is! Testify Thursday! Share a verse or an answer to prayer or just a praise!
Here is mine:

I was reading Psalm 107 this morning and the Lord pointed out several things to me.

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

The word for give thanks in the Hebrew is Yadah meaning "to speak out, confess; to praise; to sing; to give thanks. Involves the acknowledgment of sin, man's character, and the nature and work of God. David admitted his sinfulness to God (Ps 32:5). National confession was made on the Day of Atonement...Also used in the sense of expressing thanks and praise to God...The name Judah comes from this root (Ge 29:35). The synonym halal, to praise, emphasizes pride in an object."
There is just something about speaking out His praise, out loud, that can remove a heavy burden. Also, this word, Yadah, encompasses us acknowledging our sin and not covering it up. We do the same thing Adam and Eve did in the garden...we try to hide and cover up our shame. Instead the Lord wants us to acknowledge our sin to Him and turn to Him. We can become really weighed down simply by refusing to come and fess up. He already knows and He stands waiting for us to come so He can free us. He will not force our hand at it...but life will become bitter until we cry out to Him.

I seriously want to give Him some praise for the fact that no matter what I have done, how far I have gone in sin, no matter who has not loved me...He loves me. He loves me and you with an unfailing love. I can remember fearing the loss of love from certain people and when I lost that love it was awful and painful but you know what?? I made it. I am okay because I landed on the Rock of His love (Romans 8:37-39).

The following verses have been so true of my own life and when I have cried out to Him He has been faithful to come and rescue me and remove my chains every time. So many of my trips to pits of sin have been a result of me searching for unfailing love in places or people other than the Lord. It always led to my prison cell yet when I cried out He came and removed the yoke from my neck.

Psalm 107:9-20
9 for he satisfies the thirsty
and fills the hungry with good things.

10 Some sat in darkness and the deepest gloom,
prisoners suffering in iron chains,

11 for they had rebelled against the words of God
and despised the counsel of the Most High.

12 So he subjected them to bitter labor;
they stumbled, and there was no one to help.

13 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.

14 He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom
and broke away their chains.

15 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for men,

16 for he breaks down gates of bronze
and cuts through bars of iron.

17 Some became fools through their rebellious ways
and suffered affliction because of their iniquities.

18 They loathed all food
and drew near the gates of death.

19 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.

20 He sent forth his word and healed them;
he rescued them from the grave.

6 comments:

inWorship said...

I've been reading a book lately that focuses on Micah 6:6-8...

"With what shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?" He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?


These verses hit home right now, because of my desire to worship completely and honestly. Not to play "church worship" and hope that the songs were "worshipful" today. Instead to purposely live to please Him. Not just doing things, but upholding His character in me and around me.

Can you imagine a world that experiences God's Justice and Mercy? That's a world that God's children are humbly walking in.

Thanks for all your prayers for my Dad. I really appreciate it. And, Yes, the relationship Tam and I have is for real :)

Fran said...

How about a hallelujah for Psalm 40:1-3 "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard me cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praiseto our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!!

Emmy said...

Hi Jenny!
I LOVED meeting you and Shelly the other day! You all are so precious! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog (well if you can call it a blog?!?) I will pray for you about the children question...I can't even begin to fathom what you have been through! I saw precious little Shelby's grave...I just sat and my heart grieved for you all...I remember so well Beth talking about it in Birmingham...I have never forgotten that! I couldn't believe you said that was your precious baby when I met you in Atlanta! That touched my heart in ways you will never know! I am so so sorry! I wish I could take it away!
I love your Testify Thursday theme! : ) I am thankful for this blog and the profound way God is using you to minister to others! I think about what Beth talked about this past weekend...God is using you mightily (sp?) and sometimes only through our pain can we truley understand the PASSION! That is what I get from your entries is your passion...and I am so thankful to Him that he has led me to read your blog and your testimony of HIM! God Bless! Emmy : )

connorcolesmom said...

Praise the Lord for He is good!
Thank you for that post!
Love ya siesta,
Kim

Shelly said...

Oh man I miss being involved in your blog world daily. It so blesses my heart!

I testify to His provision over my life. I testify to Him blessing me with siestas like you. And I testify to His protective hand over the circumstances of my life.

Faith said...

What an encouraging post! Thank you for blessing us with these words.