CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

It must be the Colgate

A few weeks ago when we were listening to Daniel week 1 (I did this study last summer and it is a fresh word all over again) Beth talked about how our enemy wants to take us back to the places that God called us to leave. She used the analogy of the tower of Babel, the Plain of Shinar (Gen 11:2), and Babylon (all the same place). The people were becoming numerous and decided they would make a name for themselves and build a tower to the heavens (I am paraphrasing). Instead of the command to be fruitful and multiply they were going to stay where they were at so the Lord confused their language (Babel) and scattered them. The Lord called the Israelites to leave and go to their promised land and Nebuchadnezzar came and the Lord delivered the Israelites into his hands. Judah was taken captive to Babylon and most of the prisoners would never see their home land again. She talked about how the enemy wants to return us to captivity (and how captivity can be friendly to us. She talked about how some of the exiles did not want to return when King Cyrus issued the decree for them to leave Babylon. Babylon had been "good" to them and they had prospered in their captivity.) and make us think we have made no progress with the Lord.
I have had a rather exhausting day today. Pride comes before the fall and I am pretty much hurting on my whole right side from the fall at the gas station. Seriously, I laughed when Miss USA fell so I know that was my payback...sorry Miss USA I feel your pain. I went to my precious friend Maryanna's wedding tonight it was so wonderful. I missed the reception. Directionally challenged girl couldn't find it, so I went to Milo's instead. Morgan and I filled up her baby pool and my scalp got burned (this is earlier). I spent an hour crying my eyes out to one of my dearest friends in the car before I came home. I have been in the fight of my life lately. The enemy has been hard after me and I am tired (Romans 7). It has been a constant war. Life has been really hard lately. I won't lie. The enemy is trying hard to get me to doubt God and I am having to stay hard in the word and trust God when my feelings scream no. I had a passage of scripture I was studying heavy on my heart before the wedding and I went outside to ask Rod what he thought about it and of course he was busy as usual adjusting the sprinklers. I told him that if he was that busy then never mind and I proceeded to go inside. He then turned the sprinklers on and you guessed it I got sprayed in the face. I felt extremely important. That was another moment where I had to go in and cry and just trust in El Roi (Gen 16:14), the God who sees me. I was so thankful for my sweet friend tonight that I cried to on the phone with. She has been with me for a long time and I can be real with her and tell her pretty much anything without judgment. She really encouraged me and the Lord knew that I needed it. Back to the tired part...I am so tired and my little monkey is up and going strong. Since there is no longer a crib to contain her she is in her room going to town (I can't leave her on her own and go to bed either). I really thought I was going to get a goodnight sleep tonight but the only one that seems to get sleep around here is Rod. So, today with the burnt scalp...and add to that some alcohol hairspray from my up-do...I began to really hurt. I decided to hunt down some dandruff shampoo and found some head and shoulders in Rod's bathroom. Being the avid reader that I am I saw that the bottle had an expiration date on the bottom of it. Does shampoo really expire? Surely not? The bottle said it was going to give my scalp a cool mint burst. So as I am going to have a warm bath to soothe the right side of my body from the fall I decide to take care of the sunburned scalp. Oh no people this shampoo was not expired!! All of the sudden I got that cool mint burst that the bottle spoke of (the invigorating burst of cool mint). I thought my head was on fire. Then you guessed it dandruff shampoo in the eyes. All in a day!! I am not sure what is going on with me but I think it might be the Colgate. If you don't watch the news...forget about it. Speaking of the news...I have been following the Jessie Davis story
It is so sad. It is another atrocity and misuse of power and authority. I feel sorry for everyone involved, especially the little boy who probably saw the whole thing and is left without his mother and unborn sister.

Psalm 25:15-18
15 My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.
16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.
17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish.
18 Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.

4 comments:

connorcolesmom said...

Oh no!! I went out of town and came back to a sick and wounded Jenny!!
Yikes!
Girl I will continue to pray for you during this trial. Do not let satan discourage you for "who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" 1 John 4:4
I can not believe that Morgan is 2yrs old. It seems like yesterday that you were pregnant at the conference!!
Times flies...
Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! We need to get Morgan & Ella together to play. I would love to watch her for a few hours if you need to have some "alone" time.
Mandy Hartman

jennyhope said...

Mandy,

Girl I have no idea what I did with your email address! PLEASE send me an email to williams4676@bellsouth.net so I can keep in touch that way to. I dont think I added you yet.

Today was Morgans party, I just invited family. It was so sweet. I did cupcakes or I would have gotten the cake from Publix ha ha :). I hope you see this since I hardly catch you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that covered a lot!
Ok-- I am totally intimidated by your knowledge! But I'll continue to read because not many folks understand the need to put alcohol filled hairspray on a burnt scalp for the sake of an "updo"! That makes you a keeper!

I, too, have been following the Jessie Davis story. It really is so sad! But it seems like some things may have unfolded in the past couple of days that I missed. Looks like I'll be heading over to FoxNews dot com to catch up!