CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Two years ago

My sweet friend Jessica saves her emails and sometimes when I am struggling she will send me something that I wrote her. It is so timely that God uses her to remind me of things that He has taught me but I have to relearn. I am so thankful for her...she sends me scripture and encourages me in the Lord on days where I feel like giving up or that I have just out sinned myself. Here is one I sent her almost 2 years ago that she sent me back today. I needed it and thought I would share.

I was doing my bible study the other day and it was talking about
peace. I was thinking about it and peace is not an absence of
emotion. We can still hurt and stuff and have Jesus' peace. I was
thinking about the times when I don't experience peace and it is
always when i am not submitted to the authority of Christ.
I fall so short but I truly want to be obedient. I get so clouded
sometimes. I was studying yesterday about being the apple of God's
eye and in the hebrew the word for apple is actually pupil. the part of the eye that
we see. I thought it was so cool that Gods focus is soley on
us (His children). That He is constantly aware of everything and that He wants us
to guard His word which is Him as the apple of our eyes. He so
desires relationship and intimacy with us. I was thinking about how
He does not ask us to do anything that will harm us but only better
us. yet i get so deceived into thinking that I need to do my own
thing and go my own way. He loves us so much yet i can be so
willing to settle for a counterfeit! LORD help me!!!

Psalm 17:8
8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy
wings,

KJV Proverbs 7:1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments
with thee.
2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine
eye.
3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine
heart.

Zec 2:
8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me
unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you
toucheth the apple of his eye.

No comments: