CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

David Jeremiah

I am so convicted over reading this. Just this morning I was so cold (because Rod keeps the air low at night) and I have gotten to where I can feel my bones while I sleep...anyway, I didn't want to get out of the bed this morning so I layed there for extra time and I felt the nudge of the Spirit to get up! So I did and I put on my wonderful pink robe! Then I read this!!

Tuesday, July 10
Look Up in the Morning
Dr. David Jeremiah
Turning Point

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up.Psalm 5:3
Recommended ReadingPsalm 59:16-17
Bertha Smith served the Lord in a bitterly cold part of China. During the day she wore thirty pounds of clothing, and at night she slept under heavy bedding and with a hot water bottle. Her greatest challenge came in the early morning hours when she wanted to rise early so she could have her quiet time before the scores of interruptions that each day brought. She would struggle in the darkness to put on her layers of clothing, then break the ice to wash her face in the cold water; and she would slip out to a particular haystack where she would rake aside the frosted part of the hay, kneel down, and spend time with the Lord before the sun came up.
Shame on us when we neglect our morning devotions! Most of us live in heated and air-conditioned homes, with padded slippers, hot showers, and plentiful breakfasts.
There's no better way to launch a new day than with the Lord through Bible study and prayer. Even Jesus himself rose a great while before daylight to slip to a nearby mountainside for prayer before the day's work began (Mark 1:35).
Have you been looking up in the morning?
The morning is, as it were, the cream of the day; let the cream be taken off, and let God have it.Thomas Watson
Read-Thru-the-BibleProverbs 27:1 - 29:27

No comments: