CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Experiencing God (these are so good!!!!!)

June 13th

Scripture:
"It is not for your sake that I will act" -- the declaration of the Lord God -- "let this be known to you. Be ashamed and humiliated because of your ways, house of Israel!" (Ezek. 36:32, Holman CSB)

Thought:
God reveals to you where you have disobeyed Him. He brings a sense of self-loathing, a sense of total failure. This is only one temporary step. God does not want you to keep on hating yourself. He wants you to let His Spirit control your life. This is the basic adjustment you have to make: from self-control to Spirit control.

Prayer:
Holy One, you alone can reveal my sin to me. Open my heart. Bring that godly self-hatred that leads to repentance and renewal. Send Your Spirit into my life that I can make the life adjustments You lead me to make. Amen.

July 12

Scripture:
I will place My Spirit within you and cause you to follow My statutes and carefully observe My ordinances. (Ezek. 36:27, Holman CSB)

Thought:
The Spirit makes obedience possible. Living in you, the Spirit prompts you to answer God's invitation. Listening to the Spirit always leads to the right decision when you face a crisis of belief.

Prayer:
Spirit of God, live in me. Take away the self-centeredness that makes me ignore You, O Holy Spirit. Bring to pass what You have purposed for me. I love You. Amen.

July 11

Scripture:
will know that I am the Lord, My people, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. (Ezek. 37:13, Holman CSB)

Thought:
A spiritual marker identifies a time of transition, decision, or direction when you clearly know that God has guided you. Ezekiel provides a spiritual marker in Scripture, marking Israel's transition from a hopeless people in exile to a renewed people starting over in the restored Promised Land. How has God revealed to you that He is the Resurrection and the Life?

Prayer:
Life itself, when I do not obey and experience You, I walk in the valley of death and miss the excitement of life. Draw me back to You in obedience so that I may know life and know it more abundantly. Thank You for the assurance of resurrection. Amen.



No comments: