CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 2, 2007

Shake and Bake

While other children are singing sweet little songs like "The wheels on the bus go round and round" my child rocks out to her mothers praise mix. Tonight, I knew there were problems when she started shaking to the Toby Mac cd especially the part that says..."shake it, but don't break it, it took your momma nine months to make it"...hilarious!! Don't you love how we were just born to love music (Psalm 8:2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise {2 Or strength} because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.)? I get my work out praise dancing with her...and yes we are baptist!

Today was a day where I just laughed myself to death! We went to Lifeway to pre-order the new "God Made You Special" Veggie Tales dvd. One thing that is a little sad is that I think I might like these movies more than she does. I cracked up with all of the workers about the flip flops they are selling. The ad said "Let the Light of Christ Shine as You Wear These." I asked them if I was going to be able to share the gospel by wearing those flops?!??! We all laughed so hard. I ran into Christa from my bible study and just ask her...me and Morgan know how to make a scene. Morgan saw a boy running in the store and she was so tickled that she laughed so loud (from the gut) that she had everyone in the store staring at her and laughing with her. Then, we went to the mall to ride the carousel. We got on the horse and that little thing was just a trembling. She held on to me as the horse went up and down...then she decided that she was born to ride the carousel. Her mother begged to differ since it is two dollars a ride. She started laughing once again so hard...then she began a screaming laughter...soon the whole food court was staring...I am not even kidding. I about died!!! When we got off she did the whole arch the back...I will show you...I am not getting in my stroller. A sweet lady held the stroller steady as I tried to get her in it while she put up a fight. It is never good enough...that is our nature...we are born sinners. I am not sure why either but when I should be getting on to her...I start laughing and I can't stop. It is not good. I forgot to mention that we went to Burger King and nosey had to talk and stare at everyone in the place. She really wins people over...so much that she got 2 toys in her kids meal, not just one. She sat on the counter while i ordered for her and would say mmmmmmmmmmmmm' VERY LOUD to let everyone know that she was about to get some good stuff. Before she went upstairs to go to bed she dumped a whole bowl of animal crackers on the floor...and I hear mmmmmmmm' I had to cover my face with my shirt to get on to her so she wouldn't see me laughing. It really was funny. She then decided that she needed to see my face so she pulled my shirt off of it and then I really laughed and ended up cleaning up the crackers myself. This discipline thing isn't going to good when your child is a little comedian...don't worry I will get it under control. Also, let me just say she is a girl after her mothers own heart. When she is getting in trouble, like when Rod was watching her and I heard another mmmmmm' from the kitchen and she showed me her soft-baked, delicious, chocolate chip cookie...she quickly brought me a scripture card. What she was saying is read this so I can eat my cookie. How can I not give it to her then??? I have a box of verses and we read them at the table when she and I eat. She goes through them and hands them to me and I read them. So it was only natural to give me one with the cookie. She is learning. I do really enjoy the teachable moments...I am trying to get scripture in her early since Timothy knew the scriptures from infancy:
2 Timothy 3:14-17
14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it,
15 and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

We have a gate that closes off the kitchen from the den and when she stands at the gate I tell her these verses each time and loudly (I hope she doesn't think she is the King of glory since I say it to her every time):

Psalm 24:7-10
7 Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty-- he is the King of glory. Selah

I am so thankful for the joy of this precious youngun' and the ab workout she gives me each day with laughter!

No comments: