CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I am a nerd and I know it

Growing up several kids called me "super school girl." That is because I would take home most of my books to study. I loved books then and I love them now. Anyway, my favorite subject was history. I have always been fascinated by it. I can remember being in the 4th grade and reading several books on the Holocaust. My mom was very worried about me. I think she thought I liked Hitler or something. Anyway, I could not understand how inhumane and horrific the images and stories I read were. I could not understand the thousands and thousands of dead bodies piled on top of each other. I could not wrap my mind around the evil that took place in the crematories and gas chambers (I still can't). I was shocked and horrified. During history class (in my 11th grade year) people would want me to get our teacher off of the subject. We would debate while the rest of the class slept. He was not a Christian and I would go after the limited church history that I knew with him if that shows you my level of nerdiness. Anyway, my mind is constantly probing. I am about to start reading a new commentary on the book of Jeremiah (which is one of my favorites)...and before I start I have been thinking a lot about the Exodus and I have been researching historical evidence of the Exodus. I found this article and thought I would share it. I do post so much stuff on here so I can later reference it. Gotta go get ready for church!

No comments: